• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AR15 Accessories

0V3RC10CK3D

imported post

Well I keep buying stuff for my AR15, I put an EOTech 516 on it today and now I want a front vertical grip that drops down from the handguard, possibly one with a flashlight that mounds on the side of the rifle and is turned on by a button on the grip.

Any ideas? I have the standard carbine handguard and I don't see how i'd attach anything to it though it kinda seems as if you can get a rail insert that pops in the holes or something? Not sure.

I can replace the whole handguard if needed as it seems i might need a bottom rail for a grip and a side rail for a light but i'm not sure where to go, i've seen handguards that cost several hundred dollars and it's not worth it to me, I'm looking for a cheaper option.

Thanks!

killchain

imported post

0V3RC10CK3D wrote:
Well I keep buying stuff for my AR15, I put an EOTech 516 on it today and now I want a front vertical grip that drops down from the handguard, possibly one with a flashlight that mounds on the side of the rifle and is turned on by a button on the grip.

Any ideas? I have the standard carbine handguard and I don't see how i'd attach anything to it though it kinda seems as if you can get a rail insert that pops in the holes or something? Not sure.

I can replace the whole handguard if needed as it seems i might need a bottom rail for a grip and a side rail for a light but i'm not sure where to go, i've seen handguards that cost several hundred dollars and it's not worth it to me, I'm looking for a cheaper option.

Thanks!
I went with a Knight's Armament vertical grip and a Surefire 660. It's a little big for some people's taste, but it works for me. Maybe you'll like it. I don't have a pressure switch, I flip the toggle on the end of the taclight.

Couple of notes about this picture:

The greenish crap in the compensator is left over copper residue. I was shooting FMJ Wolf ammo and the copper residue turns green. I've been lazy and haven't scrubbed the compensator out with a toothbrush yet. :p

Bushmaster M4A3 with 16" parkerized barrel (Izzy is pinned, bought in NY :?)
Spec-Ops Mamba 3-point sling
EOTech 511
MATECH BUIS
KAC RIS system and vertical grip with Magpul XT handguards

0V3RC10CK3D

imported post

How do I get the rail on the hand-guard though? I like the one i linked above but I don't see rails on it though it says it will work on their webpage....*shrug*

killchain

imported post

0V3RC10CK3D wrote:
How do I get the rail on the hand-guard though? I like the one i linked above but I don't see rails on it though it says it will work on their webpage....*shrug*
I believe the MOE's bottom guard slides off to reveal a picatinny rail. I may be wrong though. I know that Magpul does make something that looks like that that does come with a rail on it, or maybe a small bracket to attach to it.

0V3RC10CK3D

imported post

The Magpul MOE Hand Guard for AR15/M16 rifles with carbine-length gas systems combines the light weight of a standard hand guard with modular flexibility. Slots at the two, six, and ten o'clock positions allow for optional mounting of Picatinny rail sections for tactical lights and other accessories. Reinforced, heat-resistant polymer construction provides operational durability without the weight and expense of an aluminum rail hand guard. Front extensions and lower lip provides additional operator protection from hot front sight assembly. NOTE: The MOE Hand Guard – Carbine-Length is a direct replacement for existing M4 carbine type handguards and utilizes the existing front hand guard retaining cap and delta ring.

Do you where I might get these or how I would attach them? I cant find them on magpuls site.

antispam540

imported post

Just look for a quad-rail. They have 'em at pretty much every gun show / big shop, and online too. I've got a laser, red dot, and forward grip with retractable bipod on mine.

killchain

imported post

0V3RC10CK3D wrote:
I've never used that in particular, but it should. A M1913 Picatinny rail is the standard rail. That is essentially a rail you're going to attach to your existing handguard with a couple of screws or whatnot.

That would be kinda neat if you wanted to keep that "stock" look of the stock fore end.

Now, understand also that just because a company says something is "M1913 Picatinny" doesn't mean it nessecarily is. I wouldn't expect this to be combat-worthy until you've physically handled it.

Tango Down is notorious for this with their shorty vertical grips. Common advice (even in their official instructions!) is to grind them down with a file and beat them onto your rifle with a rubber mallet. :shock:

If you're going budget minded, I recommend this. It isn't the prettiest or the best, but it works good.

UTG Carbine rail system
http://www.botachtactical.com/msquraha.html

And if you want THE BEST, well, my opinion is to roll with some Knight's Armament. But you're going to be shelling out some clams for it.

Knight's Armament RIS
http://www.knightarmco.com/shop2/index.php?categoryID=129

Also, make sure to know whether your rifle is carbine length or rifle length. You don't wanna order the wrong size of rails.

SpyderTattoo

imported post

Oh, wait, sorry... I thought I was reading on OCDO. I must have accidentally clicked onto the ARFCOM forums.

Um...

Wait...

Oh...

Confusion...

:p

0V3RC10CK3D

imported post

0V3RC10CK3D wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
0V3RC10CK3D wrote:
Here's a picture of my rifle as of today, no rails on the hand-guard to attach stuff =(
Very nice, If I could afford an AR, Thats just about exactly what I would want, except with a magazine as well.
It has a magazine in it in that picture :celebrate
...oh you must be talking about the other picture.

amzbrady

imported post

0V3RC10CK3D wrote:
0V3RC10CK3D wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
0V3RC10CK3D wrote:
Here's a picture of my rifle as of today, no rails on the hand-guard to attach stuff =(
Very nice, If I could afford an AR, Thats just about exactly what I would want, except with a magazine as well.
It has a magazine in it in that picture :celebrate
...oh you must be talking about the other picture.
Yea the first one, it was clearer, and not so dark, looked like 2 different rifles, maybe cause they are facing oppisite directions. :banghead:

David.Car

phoneguy

imported post

I have a mini rail for flash light or fore grip.
It screws on the barrel shroud. Its yours. Just PM Me.
I live in Everett.

rickomatic

imported post

Beat this................;)

TacticoolAR15.jpg