• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UOC in Temecula Area?

inbox485

imported post

inetprez wrote:
Anyone live in or around Temecula area that wants to attend an UOC event?

Use the search function to search for "SoCal Meetup". Those meetups tend to be in the vicinity of Temecula. The San Diego Meetups or the Market Nights in Redlands wouldn't be that far either.

Rich Keagy wrote:
I'm thinkin' about it.
I'm in Riverside.
Are there any shooting ranges in Temecula?

Temecula not that I know of. Google maps will show a decent list of commercial ranges. There is a shooting club in Rainbow (south of Temecula I've heard nothing but good things but it is annual membership only AFAIK), and there is Magnum Range in Riverside (there is so much lead in the air there that everything is grey).

In the way of non commercial public ranges, there is Bee Canyon west of Hemet, and BLM land north of palm springs. In either of those places be sure to bring trash bags to haul out all of your trash and anything else you can fit in your vehicle.

inbox485

imported post

inetprez wrote:
We have no ranges in the Temecula area. However, I do think it would be a great business in this area. Can I contact you when we decide to do our UOC event?

Your welcome to contact me as well. I'm hit and miss at get togethers due to my personal schedule, but time allowing, I'm always up for a good time.

coolusername2007

imported post

Yup, Temecula has open carriers. We've had two open carry events here already.

We also have a shooting range next door over in Rainbow. Which to my understanding has had some much needed renovations happening over this past winter.

If anyone wants to meetup locally with me, let me know in a private message (PM).

PincheOgro1

imported post

inbox485 wrote:
inetprez wrote:

Use the search function to search for "SoCal Meetup". Those meetups tend to be in the vicinity of Temecula. The San Diego Meetups or the Market Nights in Redlands wouldn't be that far either.

Rich Keagy wrote:
I'm thinkin' about it.
I'm in Riverside.

Temecula not that I know of. Google maps will show a decent list of commercial ranges. There is a shooting club in Rainbow (south of Temecula I've heard nothing but good things but it is annual membership only AFAIK), and there is Magnum Range in Riverside (there is so much lead in the air there that everything is grey).

In the way of non commercial public ranges, there is Bee Canyon west of Hemet, and BLM land north of palm springs. In either of those places be sure to bring trash bags to haul out all of your trash and anything else you can fit in your vehicle.
I live in Perris. About 25 miles north of Temecula. I am a member of a gun range here in Perris. I am paid up for the year. I can have guests with me. It is in the boonies though. Not good for making a point, but if you want to shoot it aint bad.

inbox485

imported post

PincheOgro1 wrote:
inbox485 wrote:
inetprez wrote:

Rich Keagy wrote:
I'm thinkin' about it.
I'm in Riverside.

I live in Perris. About 25 miles north of Temecula. I am a member of a gun range here in Perris. I am paid up for the year. I can have guests with me. It is in the boonies though. Not good for making a point, but if you want to shoot it aint bad.
IMO group shoots are just as fun as meetups. If you have a membership there and can have guests, I say propose a date, post up details (how much are fees for the guests, what facilities or services are on site, etc.), and see if it snowballs into something fun.

TimG

imported post

I'm in for an OC event. I live in Murrieta and have OC'd a few times around town. No one has said a word. Keep us posted on a get together!!

PincheOgro1

imported post

inbox485 wrote:
PincheOgro1 wrote:
inbox485 wrote:
inetprez wrote:

Rich Keagy wrote:
I'm thinkin' about it.
I'm in Riverside.

IMO group shoots are just as fun as meetups. If you have a membership there and can have guests, I say propose a date, post up details (how much are fees for the guests, what facilities or services are on site, etc.), and see if it snowballs into something fun.
There are no fees for entry. As long as you are with me. IT'S FREE! I like free. I'm not trying to make a profit off anyone, just want to get together with other gun enthusiasts to shoot. It's a "no frills" range. There are rules, but they are basic common sense stuff any gun owner would know. There aren't really any services there, and I guess by facilities you may be refering to are a "port-o-let". There is one. It's BYOB "Bring your own bullets" and BYOT. "bring your own targets", unless you want to shoot at something left there by other people. There are 3 different ranges. One I think is mostly for shotguns, One I guess is about 50-60 yards maybe more, and the 3rd I am guessing is about 25 yards. There are schools in routeso no OC till there. It is in the boonies, and I wouldn't recommend taking "the family car". A P/U or Jeep would be better. tentativelymy next days off are Mar 30 thru Apr 1. (3 days). "IF" anyone is interested, we could meet up someplace and head out there.

inetprez

imported post

Alright...how about we have a small get together by the Starbucks near the Temecula (promande) mall on the 3rd? Nothing fancy, just a chance to meet each other, UOC, and support a local business who is at least not anti-gun. From there, when can talk about furture shooting times and other UOC events.

inbox485

imported post

inetprez wrote:
Alright...how about we have a small get together by the Starbucks near the Temecula (promande) mall on the 3rd? Nothing fancy, just a chance to meet each other, UOC, and support a local business who is at least not anti-gun. From there, when can talk about furture shooting times and other UOC events.
I might be able to make it then, but I'm not sure if I'd be group UOCing there. Starbucks has gone out on a limb and given the green light to OC, but they have also made it clear they don't want to be a focus of the issue. Group meets might be more attention than they'd care for these days.

inbox485

imported post

PincheOgro1 wrote:
There are no fees for entry. As long as you are with me. IT'S FREE! I like free. I'm not trying to make a profit off anyone, just want to get together with other gun enthusiasts to shoot. It's a "no frills" range. There are rules, but they are basic common sense stuff any gun owner would know. There aren't really any services there, and I guess by facilities you may be refering to are a "port-o-let". There is one. It's BYOB "Bring your own bullets" and BYOT. "bring your own targets", unless you want to shoot at something left there by other people. There are 3 different ranges. One I think is mostly for shotguns, One I guess is about 50-60 yards maybe more, and the 3rd I am guessing is about 25 yards. There are schools in routeso no OC till there. It is in the boonies, and I wouldn't recommend taking "the family car". A P/U or Jeep would be better. tentativelymy next days off are Mar 30 thru Apr 1. (3 days). "IF" anyone is interested, we could meet up someplace and head out there.
I would definitely be interested, but pushing it out another week or so and starting a separate thread might be a good idea. Does the range allow night shooting? Just a thought if you are only off work during week days, it might be fun to do a evening / night shoot.

MJCE

imported post

I am in Temecula and would consider attending, at least stopping by to introduce myself, though I am not sure I would OC. I fully support what you guys are doing.

PincheOgro1

imported post

inbox485 wrote:
PincheOgro1 wrote:
I would definitely be interested, but pushing it out another week or so and starting a separate thread might be a good idea. Does the range allow night shooting? Just a thought if you are only off work during week days, it might be fun to do a evening / night shoot.

Inbox,

I work a rotating shift. 5/2 - 5/3. The dates mentioned are my next days off. On my two day weekends, the wife has me doing "honey-dos" usually, if work doesn't call me in. That is also why I said tenetatively. Work has a way of "interfering" with my off time. :lol:LOL. Maybe we could "tentatively schedule" it sometime in the future then. The range I go to, doesn't allow night fires. Their hours are: 1/2 hour after sun up, 1/2 hour before sun down. I just bought a Marlin 795 .22 cal rifle. "MY" weekend (Mar 30 -Apr 1), I was planning to take it there, sight-in (fine tune) the scopeand "plink" with my wife. She and I have a couple targets made up. You can get 20"x30",1/4 in thick poster board from Walmart for less than $3, a yard stick, and marker, plus a couple sticks from home depotto make an adequate target, like the one shown. Each square is 4x4".The target I have here was shot at with my .40 Cal about 40 feet out.

inetprez

imported post

Well, I just completed my first UOC in the Temecula area. Nothing to report. Most people didn't notice and those who did seemed not to be too bothered. We got a coffee, talked for a few minutes, visted a local store, and then were on our way. In total the outing was about 30 mins.

Carry On

Gundude

imported post

inetprez wrote:
Well, I just completed my first UOC in the Temecula area. Nothing to report. Most people didn't notice and those who did seemed not to be too bothered. We got a coffee, talked for a few minutes, visted a local store, and then were on our way. In total the outing was about 30 mins.

Carry On
Cool has the cops in Temecula pretty well trained.

coolusername2007

imported post

inetprez wrote:

Carry On

Good for you. Congrats on a successful UOC. I was carrying last night, was working late and don't like it when I do without my sidearm. Stopped for gas, nobody noticed as far as I could tell and was surrounded by others also getting gas. People don't care, they're too busy going about their own lives.