• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UOC in Temecula Area?

PincheOgro1

imported post

Good !

I remember when I "reported" about my day OCing in here. I got a load o crap from several of the "members" in here. Telling me I committed crimes against humanity, and a barrage of insults from one "member". I'm glad they are treating you with more respect.

demnogis

imported post

OCDO is not a daily-carry blog. It is encouraged to post your first experience. Then after that any interactions with LEOs that were good/bad/ugly.

PincheOgro1 wrote:
Good !

I remember when I "reported" about my day OCing in here. I got a load o crap from several of the "members" in here. Telling me I committed crimes against humanity, and a barrage of insults from one "member". I'm glad they are treating you with more respect.

PincheOgro1

imported post

demnogis wrote:
OCDO is not a daily-carry blog. It is encouraged to post your first experience. Then after that any interactions with LEOs that were good/bad/ugly.

PincheOgro1 wrote:
Good !

Sir,

It was my first time OCing. I had no problems. Same as the other gentleman here. I went to a GUN SHOW. What ever. It's moot now.

That which doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger !

demnogis

imported post

My apologies PincheOgro1, I should have stated that I had quoted you, but my response was not directed towards you. I know you are not the person who was doing that. It was another member who has seemingly disappeared into the woodwork now...

PincheOgro1 wrote:
demnogis wrote:

PincheOgro1 wrote:
Good !

Sir,

It was my first time OCing. I had no problems. Same as the other gentleman here. I went to a GUN SHOW. What ever. t's moot now.

PincheOgro1

imported post

demnogis wrote:
My apologies PincheOgro1, I should have stated that I had quoted you, but my response was not directed towards you. I know you are not the person who was doing that. It was another member who has seemingly disappeared into the woodwork now...

PincheOgro1 wrote:
demnogis wrote:

PincheOgro1 wrote:
Good !

Sir,

It was my first time OCing. I had no problems. Same as the other gentleman here. I went to a GUN SHOW. What ever. t's moot now.
NP ...;)

PincheOgro1

imported post

Gundude wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:
resonance wrote:
I live in Menifee and would be interested in any meets in the inland empire.

thanks

Mike
I would be happy to have a local Temecula meetup with those new/interested in UOC'ing.
I'm in.
Hey guys I tentatively have off Mar 30 thru Apr 1. Wont know for sure until the 30th. I am a member of a gun range in Perris. My wife and I (and maybe a neighbor) will be going shooting on one of those days IF you are interested, and want to go shooting. It's FREE.There are schools in route to the range, but you know the rules about that. It'sBYOBullets, and BYOTargets.

inetprez

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
resonance wrote:
I live in Menifee and would be interested in any meets in the inland empire.

thanks

Mike
I would be happy to have a local Temecula meetup with those new/interested in UOC'ing.
I will be UOCing in temecula quite often. Perhaps just an informal meet and greet sometime wouldn't be a bad idea. I will post my "schedule" as it comes avaliable. I generally carry alone but my brother is with me to video any LEO encounters.

wewd

imported post

inetprez wrote:
I will be UOCing in temecula quite often.

Be absolutely certain you are outside of any GFSZ at all times. There are a lot of schools in Temecula. The 1000 feet begins at the property line, not the center of the property. I don't know which Starbucks you went to the other day, but the one near Chipotle on the east side of the Promenade is inside a GFSZ. Be very, very careful. You don't want to end up like Theseus and lose your gun rights for 10 years. Use Google Earth and the ruler tool to determine where the GFSZ end.

inetprez

imported post

Thanks for the tips. My brother and I are very cognisant of the GFSZ rule and were more than careful about the 1,000 ft this time. The Starbucks we went too was by the Target center there. There is a church there that used to have a k-12 but no longer operates as such, according to their secretary who we called.

I do wish they would get rid of this GFSZ...it's nothing more than one of those "feel" good laws that does nothing to protect students. This coming from a parent and educator!

I wonder if someone could argue that this rule is unconstitutional since it punishes people without due process. i.e., restricting movement

coolusername2007

imported post

inetprez wrote:
Thanks for the tips. My brother and I are very cognisant of the GFSZ rule and were more than careful about the 1,000 ft this time. The Starbucks we went too was by the Target center there. There is a church there that used to have a k-12 but no longer operates as such, according to their secretary who we called.

I do wish they would get rid of this GFSZ...it's nothing more than one of those "feel" good laws that does nothing to protect students. This coming from a parent and educator!

I wonder if someone could argue that this rule is unconstitutional since it punishes people without due process. i.e., restricting movement

Are you absolutely sure that christian school is no longer open? I would have sworn that school was still there. If its not, then that would open up a lotof the Target shopping center.

But it seems you may have over-lookedthe public school behind Target to the north east. This school takes up some of that shopping center too. And I don't know exactly where school property ends so be very careful in that center.

I don't UOC in that center, but based on your comments I'm going to do more research.

inetprez

imported post

coolusername2007,

Perhaps you can give me some areas which you know are OKAY and others where we can tag team on research. I wouldn't be opposed to creating a map to share with others as well.

wewd

imported post

The main drag in the Old Town tourist trap area is free of GFSZ. We have held two very successful open carry meets there. The Swing Inn Cafe is also very welcoming to open carriers.

coolusername2007

imported post

inetprez wrote:
coolusername2007,

Perhaps you can give me some areas which you know are OKAY and others where we can tag team on research. I wouldn't be opposed to creating a map to share with others as well.
I'd be happy to tell you where I think the safe areas are. Of course doing your own research is still an absolute must. As far as maps go, that would be fine but I wouldn't ever take them out of the house;it would be too easy for a prosecutor to accuse you of planning something sinister.