• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Orion Oaks Dog Park

wolverine1856

imported post

Anybody on here go to the Orion Oaks dog park? If anybody want to meet up there to OCfor an hour or so with the dogs let me know.

I just found this in the rules:

[align=left]Section 23. FIREARMS[/align]

[align=left]No person shall, at any time, bring into or upon the properties[/align]
[align=left]of the Commission, nor have in their possession, nor discharge[/align]
[align=left]or set off anywhere upon said properties, a revolver, pistol, shotgun,[/align]
rifle, air rifle, air gun, water gun or any gun, rifle, firearm or

[align=left]other weapon that discharges projectiles either by air, explosive[/align]
[align=left]substance or any other force. Use of these items is prohibited by[/align]
[align=left]the Commission unless authorized. Provided, however, this section[/align]
[align=left]shall not apply to any deputy sheriff, police officer, peace officer,[/align]
[align=left]park officer, park ranger or other duly-appointed law enforcement[/align]
[align=left]officer while carrying out the duties and responsibilities of their[/align]
[align=left]position nor to any person while upon designated target ranges or[/align]
[align=left]areas. Provided further, that this section shall not affect the rights[/align]
[align=left]of individuals who possess a valid Concealed Pistol License issued[/align]
by the state of their residence.

http://www.destinationoakland.com/parksandtrails/rulesregulations/Documents/ocp_rules.pdf

Page #6

EM87

imported post

Funny that you post this thread right now... I just had a dream that I got a dog, and that's not a common dream for me. Hope you can find someone to go with!

sasha601

imported post

Another example of illegal ordinance. Open carry is legal in a park, not just concealed carry. Just presense of this ordinance on the books is unlawful due to state firearms preemption laws

MichaelO

imported post

You re correct and I found this as well, I have to give them credit when I pointed it out to them, they had heard of groups like us and were already in process of making the rules change. I just heard from OCP this week and they are in the final stages of approval to officially change this to the way it should be. I am told by the end of April it should be set.

wolverine1856

imported post

MichaelO wrote:
You re correct and I found this as well, I have to give them credit when I pointed it out to them, they had heard of groups like us and were already in process of making the rules change. I just heard from OCP this week and they are in the final stages of approval to officially change this to the way it should be. I am told by the end of April it should be set.

That is great news! Thank you for the update.

Anybody that wants to go next week let me know. I have the week off work and will be around for the most part.

manicdevery

imported post

sasha601 wrote:
Another example of illegal ordinance. Open carry is legal in a park, not just concealed carry. Just presense of this ordinance on the books is unlawful due to state firearms preemption laws
just a quick question, i know this ordinance unlawful but if you were to be ticketed/charged for said ordinance how would one go about fighting it?

Devery