• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Video Sunglasses

nerdyvirgin

imported post

NIce. ive seen those before, on a couple other sites for cheaper, less then 100, and i think someone during an oc meetup at buckhorn grill was wearing a pair of those, cant remember. im still tempted to get some of those one day.

Maddoggie13

imported post

I was the one who has the glasses on during the Walnut Creek meeting just encase any LEO shows up. This glasses are great and you can have it outside of your shirt pocket to record all interactions. :dude: 4GB Mini SD that provides 4 hours of saved video...too bad the glasses on runs 2 hours per change. :lol:

yelohamr

imported post

I got mine yesterday and the video is great. Audio isn't bad if it's not windy.

Had trouble setting the time and date, but Customer Support athttp://predatoroutdoorproducts.com/sport.html worked it out. It was so easy a caveman can do it.
It appears the instructions were for an earlier model.

There's a list of retailers on the above site. One may be near you.

Mine came with 4 sets of lenses instead of 3. All are polarized except the clear ones, which I'll use at the range.

If I ever get E checked I'll post a video.

Wc

imported post

yelohamr wrote:
I got mine yesterday and the video is great. Audio isn't bad if it's not windy.

Had trouble setting the time and date, but Customer Support
I'm not sure they do the same, plug'in, open file, right click to New and click the Text Document and name it time. Open the empty file and keyingin follow of fomat is 2010.03.26 08.30.00 Y [year/month/day (space) h/m/s (24 hrs format) (space) X=(display Yes or No)]. Then closed it and pull out usb when time stamped.Do your recording and plug'in again and that txt.doc file is disappear but your recorded file is appearing with correct date & time and play it will see the correct date & time.

yelohamr

imported post

The pair I posted about is different. I downloaded the I-KAM player and to set the time, all I had to do was click on the "settime" button andthe computer did it.

Wc

imported post

yelohamr wrote:
Someone told me about a video camera that looks like a bluetooth for a cell phone. Google might find it.
And must always get a hair cut.:lol:

Wc

imported post

We-the-People wrote:
Has anyone come across any of the sunglasses that will "fit over" regular glasses or attach to them?
Hope, it is might get too ugly to notice to anyone, don't you think so?

PincheOgro1

imported post

We-the-People wrote:
Has anyone come across any of the sunglasses that will "fit over" regular glasses or attach to them?
I use to have a pair. Made the glasses I wore twice as heavy. I don't remmeber what happened to them, but you should be able to pick up a pair at Target, or Walmart,maybe even a "corner" drug store.

We-the-People

imported post

Well I meant fit overs that had the camera built in. LOL

I carry a namebrand "WalMart special" recorder with a built in USB connector. Originally I would place it in my holsters mag pouch but quickly realized that I wouldn't always see a problem in time to remove it discreetly and didn't want to be reaching near the weapon after an encounter. I now resides on a lanyard around my neck any time I'm out of my local "comfort zone" and in a weak side pocket when I'm in that zone (it's pretty safe here in my neck of the woods).

I need to replace it though as it has no video and requires multiple button presses to start it.

I recently aquired a wireless transmitter and receiver set up that I can simply wear the transmitter box on my belt (mike clipped to shirt) and hit one switch on the transmitter. I can have the receiver and recorder either in my "wheelie bag" (think college book bag) while at school or when out and about, my wife can maintain the receiver/transmitter out of sight while backing me up.

The thought is that if she is recording audio/video with our digital camcorder and they sieze that, the mic will still record until they find it and turn it off. Here in Oregon we have to "inform" we are audio recording. In some locations up north they are known to unlawfullly confiscate and turn off such weapons of truth.