• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I know where you can't CC, but where is law on OC ?

OCforAll

imported post

I would like to educate myself on where you can and cannot OC in OH. Wondering if someone could point me to OH law on any blanket restrictions for possessing a firearm. For example, the AG's CC rulebook says you can't CC within establishment that has class D liquor license, but it say's nothing about OC's in one. Appreciate any info on the subject.

aadvark

imported post

Class D Permits are off-limits, per Ohio RevisedCode 2923.121, however; there are some exceptions, under 2923.121(B) through 2923.121(D).

Schools, per Ohio Revised Code 2923.122, however; there are some exceptions, under 2923.122(D).

Courthouses/Courtrooms, per Ohio Revised Code 2923.123(A) through 2923.123(B). Exceptions for Government personnel, 2923.123(C)(1) through 2923.123(C)(6).

Private Property, where posted, in accordance with 2923.1212(A), however; the Code Title, itself, reads Concealed Weapons, but apparently, the Law here applies to all Weapons, whether they are Concealed or not. The list is mostly Law-Enforcement/Judicial Government Buildings (Police Stations, Sheriff's Office/Jails/Prisons/etc.), however; this can also be applied to Local Buildings under 2923.1212(A)(9). The Law reads '...shall Post.', but the Law then says, '... if Posted.' Just assume these places off-limits, unless Counsel advises otherwise.

Jails/Prisons, per Ohio Revised Code 2923.131.

While under Disabilty, anywhere, such as Drunkeness, per Ohio Revised Code 2923.13 and 2923.15..

2923.16 of Ohio Revised Code, concerning Motor Vehicles, and 2923.12, of Ohio revised Code, concerning Concelaed Weapons, does not apply to Persons with Licenses to Carry Concealed, or their Ohioan equivalents from other States within there is found reciprocity.

State-wide Preemption, therefore, Ohio Law defeats Local Gun Bans, per Ohio Revised Code 9.68(A) and Ohio Constituion 1.04.