• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Secure ID Folder

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

Check this out!

Michigander and I don't have a working printer handy, but we think the dimensions are right.

Print it off, follow the directions, insert your ID and put it in your wallet.

Simple, effective, and awesome.

Please let me know if there are any problems, if the dimensions aren't right, if this thing kills your dog, whatever.

FatboyCykes

imported post

Awesome, I know Michigander has been working on this in one form or another for about a year and this look awesome, now I just need a working printer....

Anyone that's coming to Gander Mountain Utica/Shelby tomorrow want to bring one or ten?

manicdevery

imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:
Check this out!

Michigander and I don't have a working printer handy, but we think the dimensions are right.

Print it off, follow the directions, insert your ID and put it in your wallet.

Simple, effective, and awesome.

Please let me know if there are any problems, if the dimensions aren't right, if this thing kills your dog, whatever.
Cool

Haman J.T.

imported post

I downloaded this,used my printer to downsize it to ID size and laminated it.In the case you are not able to use your hands,as happened to me,you can keep it in your shirt pocket or jacket pocket and tell them to take that out of the pocket it is in without giving them permission to grab your ID or anything else.

Michigander

imported post

With all the progress we've made, I'd like to think the need for these is just about gone. And my message to all our cop lurker friends out there who are too shy to post, is please make sure that these will be useless within your jurisdiction by not illegally detaining and searching anyone.

I'd truly like to believe that this system will soon be an outdated relic of the past. Ironic, me saying that since as cykes said I've been using this system for a year, and only now convinced someone computer savvy to digitize it. But seriously, I hope no one who prints these off ever has to "use" them. :?

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

hamaneggs wrote:
I downloaded this,used my printer to downsize it to ID size and laminated it.In the case you are not able to use your hands,as happened to me,you can keep it in your shirt pocket or jacket pocket and tell them to take that out of the pocket it is in without giving them permission to grab your ID or anything else.
As Michigander says, the need for these is becoming less and less, but its a good option.

You don't need to say where it is... just be silent if you're in a situation that bad. If they want it, they'll find it, and when they do, they'll be reading this first.