• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

More about the medical marijuana shootout

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Kudos again Dave.

And one thing to all of Dave's detractor's on this sight. Dave very much pays attention to opencarry and I gather that he respects the thought that we put into every scenario. From my browsing of other firearm forums, not one gives as much attention to the law as opencarry does. We talk about it and try to live it daily. Dave gives us that respect, even if he is measured about the opencarry movement. I personally appreciate that point of view.

geojohn

imported post

Dave,

Thanks for the update. Is there any news on the type of round that was fired from
the shotgun? It looked like some type of birdshot. Good thing for all involved that it wasn't something more lethal.

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

geojohn wrote:
Dave,

Thanks for the update. Is there any news on the type of round that was fired from
the shotgun? It looked like some type of birdshot. Good thing for all involved that it wasn't something more lethal.
The homeowner is lucky that it was birdshot and that the invader missed him for the most part (aside from a few pellets). Bird shot will kill you if you are hit close range in the face or torso. I am not sure how much energy is coming out of the barrel *although it disipates quickly* with the first ten feet.

amzbrady

imported post

Sylvia Plath wrote:
geojohn wrote:
Dave,

The homeowner is lucky that it was birdshot and that the invader missed him for the most part (aside from a few pellets). Bird shot will kill you if you are hit close range in the face or torso. I am not sure how much energy is coming out of the barrel *although it disipates quickly* with the first ten feet.
Your sure Dick Cheney wasnt involved?

rickomatic

imported post

Several years ago, a neighbor of mine tried to "scare" a doe away from his vegetable garden with a 12 guage loaded with #8 shot. A couple pellets found their mark and that doe layed down and died in his garden.
Don't underestimate birdshot.

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

cynicist wrote:
Like that one.

Can anyone say "revolver?"

"Revolver?" Can anyone say "limp-wrist." If you are unable to manage a .22, .380 or 9mm round fired through a semiauto without the damn thing jamming on you the first freaking time either purchase a better qualitysemi-auto, cleanyour firearm everytime you shoot itor get a revolver.

I personally don't care much for revolvers, they just dont feel right in my hand. I understand they are totally reliable,e specially for limp-wristers.

Wheelgunner

imported post

I made the same point!

Still, it gives you a chill just how close he came to buying it even with all the odds breaking his way.. Layout and surprise were in his favor and he did get one shot, but his opponent still got a shot off and had the perp given himself 1/10th of a second more to line his weapon up properly, he would have prevailed.

Thanks for the update Dave.

A Back up Gun!

Whee!

Dave Workman

imported post

Aryk45XD wrote:
Why are cops getting a search warrant for his home? This is the last statement made by the reporter in the video.

Procedure. Someone was shot, and they needed to recover bullets, spent shell casings, take measurements or whatever else is necessary to gather evidence including photographing the crime scene. Blood samples for DNA matches, latent fingerprints establishing that the bad guys were inside, that sort of thing.

DON'TCHA EVER WATCH CSI????

:lol:

The warrant may have also covered the removal of the approx. 300 plants that reportedly were taken.

.45ACPaddy

imported post

From my experience, .22's in general have more of a tendency to jam than other calibers. I have an original Ruger pistol, it does jam once in a while. Doesn't surprise me that his .22 jammed.

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

G22Paddy wrote:
From my experience, .22's in general have more of a tendency to jam than other calibers. I have an original Ruger pistol, it does jam once in a while. Doesn't surprise me that his .22 jammed.
If you are going to use a .22 LR round for self-defense, you have to purchase good quality ammo...not the bulk ammo....not the 550 pack Federal....not the 500 pack Remington...spend a bit more for reliable rimfire ammo. The same applies to all ammunition though IMO.

Dave Workman

imported post

Hmmm

I wonder if using a .22-caliber pistol for self-defense is a symptom of

REEFER MADNESS!!!!

:what: :uhoh: :shock:

GreatWhiteLlama

imported post

Sylvia Plath wrote:
cynicist wrote:
Like that one.

Can anyone say "revolver?"

"Revolver?" Can anyone say "limp-wrist." If you are unable to manage a .22, .380 or 9mm round fired through a semiauto without the damn thing jamming on you the first freaking time either purchase a better qualitysemi-auto, cleanyour firearm everytime you shoot itor get a revolver.

I personally don't care much for revolvers, they just dont feel right in my hand. I understand they are totally reliable,e specially for limp-wristers.
Meh, I've had a revolver jam. Granted, it wasn't really the guns fault though, the rim on the ammo was manufactured a little to thick on some of the casings. I didn't notice until I cycled to the 2nd round and the wheel locked up. I can't imagine the horror that would cause if I was in a self defense situation instead of shooting paper at the range.