• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Constitutional Carry – We’re close!

azcdlfred

imported post

Yesterday (March 18th) both Constitutional Carry bills (SB 1108 & HB 2347) were scheduled for debate in their respective chamber’s Committee of the Whole (COW) and both were pulled from the calendar to be rescheduled, most likely next week. This was done for a very good reason. The day before (March 17th) the Governor’s staff requested some minor changes that they felt would improve the chance of Constitutional Carry becoming law. As a result, both bills were pulled until amendments could be drafted. The changes requested by the Governor’s staff have no effect on the language restoring the right of law-abiding adults to carry a concealed weapon without a permit.

If all goes well, we are expecting SB 1108 to be debated in the Senate COW early next week. After the feedback you gave to a few Senators on SB 1102 and the Cheuvront amendment, we are not anticipating difficulties with the passage of an amended SB 1108 in the Senate. Assuming SB 1108 survives the Senate COW and Third Read, it will be transmitted to the House.

Meanwhile, HB 2347 will be amended during the House COW to mirror the language in SB 1108. After the House COW and Third Read, one of the bills will be transmitted to the Governor. However, this is NOT a done deal.

The last thing we all want to hear is a legislator saying that they would have voted for Constitutional Carry “if only” they had heard from more of their constituents. If you haven’t sent emails to your Representatives and Senators on HB 2347 and SB 1108, please don’t hesitate any longer. This is your opportunity of a lifetime to restore the meaning of “right to keep and bear arms” in Arizona and generate a wave of reform across the nation.

Your letters, to send to your Representatives and Senators, are waiting for you at AzCDL’s Action Center.
HB 2347 letter.
SB 1108 letter.

In other news, HB 2543, the Firearms Preemption bill, was not debated in the House COW as scheduled for March 18th. The House had an ambitious agenda and ran out time. HB 2543 will be rescheduled, probably for the coming week. There is still time to contact your Representatives on HB 2543. Your letter is waiting for you at AzCDL’s Action Center.

These alerts are a project of the Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL), an all volunteer, non-profit, non-partisan grassroots organization. Join today!

AzCDL – Protecting Your Freedom.

Copyright © 2010 Arizona Citizens Defense League, Inc., all rights reserved.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

These bills are what most, if not all of us 'Zonies have been hopin' for. Par with AKand VT (finally). I'm suspicious of these oddball 1st post fishin' trips we've been getting of late. They sound innocent enough on the surface but I'm smellin' bait.

azcdlfred

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
These bills are what most, if not all of us 'Zonies have been hopin' for. Par with AKand VT (finally).
The implications of Constitutional Carry becoming law is friggin' historic! Arizona will become the first urbanized state to accomplish this.

I'd say we have about an 80% of passage and it's likely to be signed by the Governor. However, if more gun onwers don't get their heads out of thier asses and start getting involved, this could all be for naught.

Fred

kenpoprofessor

imported post

azcdlfred wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
These bills are what most, if not all of us 'Zonies have been hopin' for. Par with AKand VT (finally).
The implications of Constitutional Carry becoming law is friggin' historic! Arizona will become the first urbanized state to accomplish this.

I'd say we have about an 80% of passage and it's likely to be signed by the Governor. However, if more gun onwers don't get their heads out of thier asses and start getting involved, this could all be for naught.

Fred

Head firmly out of ass and letters sent to all. Keep 'em coming Fred, we need guys like you and the rest of AZCDL, which is why I keep giving and collecting the money to keep you guys going.

Havea great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

azcdlfred

imported post

JoeGlock40 wrote:
so if all goes good...how long till were actually able to CC without the permit? anyone hava clue?
Bills that the governor signs don't become law until 90 days after the Legislature "Sine Dies" (officially ends).