• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti Tyranny Rally in Alaska

coolusername2007

imported post

Articlelink about a Second Amendment / Constitutional Task Force rally in Alaska. Seems the natives are getting a little restless. Talk about the use of force if necessary, open carry demonstrations, etc.

Johnny Koonce

imported post

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
- Thomas Jefferson

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Here's one of my favorite quotes:

“This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of their existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it.” – Abraham Lincoln

wewd

imported post

Schaeffer Cox is an interesting fellow. Here's a video of a speech he gave in Montana. It's about an hour and half long but well worth watching. His ideas about liberty, natural law and limited government (in its truest meaning) are quite bold and refreshing. There is something very exciting happening in this country right now.

http://vimeo.com/9968399

Sons of Liberty

imported post

wewd wrote:
Schaeffer Cox is an interesting fellow. Here's a video of a speech he gave in Montana. It's about an hour and half long but well worth watching. His ideas about liberty, natural law and limited government (in its truest meaning) are quite bold and refreshing. There is something very exciting happening in this country right now.

Man, just finished! I like a lot of what he says and is doing!

(I also liked that he carried a Glock!)

coolusername2007

imported post

Sons of Liberty wrote:
wewd wrote:

Man, just finished! I like a lot of what he says and is doing!

(I also liked that he carried a Glock!)

Wow! That was refreshing! I too like what he had to say. For me, I have a lot of questions, I have a tendency to get caught up in the minutia of implementation, but this brings me back to some discussions we've had on this board regarding setting up our own town or county, our own free state project, etc. I would like to learn more and am willing to explore these ideasmore.

JBURGII

imported post

Simply fascinating! Keep it simple has always been my personal goal and this explains things in a simple and concise fashion that pretty much anyone can understand. I am going to share this video with some folks who need to see it.

Sons of Liberty

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
This, hot off the presses, I found doing a quick search after watching the video. Here's the link...

Schaeffer Cox barred from carrying gun

ETA: Here's another link with info on the assault charge.Schaeffer Cox charged with assault

(A little rabbit trail from the thread...)

It sounds to me that the first charge was a pretty petty charge...Kinda like Theseus' charge. No comment on the second. I wouldn't have expected a story like this on him.

But as I was reflecting on this,a few stories caught my eye as I read the Orange County Register this morning about people that should know better.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/son-240215-hunt-city.html

Newport Beach's city attorney, arrested last weekend on suspicion of spousal abuse, "seriously freaked out" and pushed his wife to the ground during a dispute that also involved the couple's children, one of his sons said in a 911 recording released Friday.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/arganda-240231-westminster-violence.html

WESTMINSTER A Westminster police sergeant fired after accusations that he used law enforcement databases to meet women and keep an eye on his ex-wife and ex-girlfriends pleaded guilty Friday to misdemeanor domestic violence and unlawful disclosure of DMV records...

Admitting to the misdemeanor charges of corporal injury on a spouse and unlawful disclosure of DMV records normally comes with a mandatory 10-year prohibition on carrying a firearm – a requirement to be employed as a law enforcement officer, Barnett said, but under certain circumstances, that prohibition can be waived.

Those certain circumstances are met in Arganda's case, Barnett said, and Arganda is expected to be allowed to carry a firearm when his probation ends.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/deck-240195-judge-year.html

SANTA ANA – An Orange County judge sentenced a former lieutenant for the California Highway Patrol convicted of attempted child molestation [/b]to a year in jail on Friday, rejecting a prosecutor's recommendation that the man be sent to state prison.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/roberts-239929-claim-city.html

HUNTINGTON BEACH – Prosecutors have filed new charges of rape and forcible sodomy against a Huntington Beach police officer who was already facing 17 charges of physically abusing his former wife and girlfriend.

The ex-girlfriend's claim said calls to 911 and reports to the Huntington Beach Police Department were "ignored," the city failed to discipline Roberts and conspired to cover up the abuse.