• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How about an oc seminar at the Lansing Gander Mountain?

gettysburg

imported post

Hello all, just found this site yesterday and have been reading alot of the post. Just to start off, I do conceal carry, I have never open carried and can't say that I ever will ( or will not) but am very interested in finding out what it's all about. Now to get back on track, I seen a post about an oc seminar at the Portage Gander Mountain and was planning on going but don't know if I can make it now, kind of a timing thing. Just wondered if you ever considered having one at the Lansing Gander Mountain. Just one more thing, if I am able to make it are these seminars a kind of get there early to get a spot or would I be fine showing up at just before ten.

sevenplusone

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
We may have one there in the future. There will be one at a location in GR in the near future. So stay tuned.

As a Kent County resident I would really like to see this!!!

Depending on Day/Time I'd be happy to try to help though admittedly my schedule is not too friendly.

FatboyCykes

imported post

For what it's worth, I arrived at the Gander Mountain in Utica this past Saturday at about 945AM, the seminar didn't start until 11AM. When I arrived, there was already 3 or 4 people there, and they didn't stop. By 1030 or so, the room was packed and a line was forming in the hallway. By 11AM, we had a room that was filled to the brim, with people in the hallway and another room full of people loitering around outside waiting for the second seminar. We had originally planned for one seminar 11am-1pm and ended up doing two, 11am-1220 and from 1230 to 2pm, both rooms filled to maximum capacity. We also took the names and information of several people who couldn't wait and had to leave.

All that to say, yes, get there early :)