Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 70

Thread: TEA PARTY IN SEARCHLIGHT

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    22

    Post imported post

    Was thinking about heading to the Tea Party on the 27th. Does anyone plan on going oc style

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV, ,
    Posts
    115

    Post imported post

    I'll be attending.......not sure if OCing yet

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    22

    Post imported post

    I will be there for sure. If you want to open carry let me know and I will be in for sure. We will have major exposure. give the word and I will send you my number so we can meet up.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Henderson, ,
    Posts
    232

    Post imported post

    OK...what is the tea party and where is it....i love things to do....:what:

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    22

    Post imported post

    Tea Party is gathering of Independents,libertarians, conservs, and other GOD loving Americans. There will be a list of GREAT AMERICANS speaking including Sarah Palin. Just a place to meet and show your support for a free America and speak out about all your big gov concerns. The one I want to go to OC style is in Searchlight the hometown of Scary Harry Reid. It will be the first stop on a nationwide tour. (google it)

  6. #6
    Regular Member The Big Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    1,950

    Post imported post

    Is it being held in a place that one can open carry without problems? If it's on private land that is a maybe, a public park or building it's a no. In looking it up it shows it will be held near the intersection of 95 and Coyote Mine Rd. I can't tell what or if anything is there. If it's just on BLM land it should be a go.

    BG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,140

    Post imported post

    Tea party has nothing to do with OpenCarry, sorry.

    I ask where were all the tea party activists during the last 8 years when Bush was destroying our economy also. I ask where they were during the 80's and 90's when our gun rights were stripped by every president?

    Tea Party activists are sheep being pushed around thinking that they are "standing" up to big government. However, when I've spoke to most of them, they can only spout the nonsense about health care and Obama.

    I went to one, asked a bunch of them about the "War on Terrorism, Drugs and Guns." They all said that they didn't think it "Cost that much." I started laughing, when I told them that it costs many, many more times than the proposed health care, they told me I was wrong.

    The few OCers I met, all told me incorrectly that Bush was pro-gun (despite having grown the ATF to three times its previous size). Sheeple

    The problem with the TeaParty people is not that they are standing up, but that they are only standing up because they are being told by others to. They claim to hate big taxes, they claim to hate big government, but almost all of them and the leaders have been pushing big government, government intrusion into our lives for years. None of them actually want small government, they just dislike Obama.

    The problem isn't Obama or Bush. The problem is big government and it has nothing to do with healthcare debate, that is just a symptom.

    Sheeeple.


    surekill44 wrote:
    Was thinking about heading to the Tea Party on the 27th. Does anyone plan on going oc style

  8. #8
    Regular Member The Big Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    1,950

    Post imported post

    Pace

    I disagree. The Tea Party, or more correctly the Freedom Movement in all it's forms has everything to do with open carry.

    Unfortunately you are correct that the Tea Party is made up of followers. Do not misunderstand however that it is also made up of people who love their children and want a better world for them. They are otherwise good people however that want easy answers and mostly they want to be told the answers rather than searching them out for themselves. They, like the sheeple on the other side, believe only what the talking heads tell them. They know they don't like the way things are going, but they really don't know why.

    The Tea Party gathering in Searchlight is an excellent forum for showing our firearms which hopefully will get people to ask, why? Don't forget that it should be well attended by the press. If asked, you might answer "because it is my natural right. In life a citizen is either a Sovereign or a Subject. As a Sovereign I have a right to protect myself, my family and my property. I as a Sovereign also have a duty to protect my state from those who would attack it and the Sovereign people herein. Thus the reason for me being here, and wearing my firearm."

    The Freedom Movement is a loose organization of people with diverse backgrounds and ideologies with one common goal, that of recovering the freedom of Sovereign people. People of differing ideas and philosophies, being reasonable people,can work together for a solution providing they have the freedom to do so. Herein lies the rub, we do not have that freedom today. We are told by our leaders, who are told by the elite few, what we will have and not have, what we will do and not do.

    Go to the event, talk to people, tell them why you wear your firearm and why they should. A freeman can defend himself, a slave may not.

    BG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

  9. #9
    Regular Member flagellum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    North Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    385

    Post imported post

    I really wish the Tea Party was different. I mean, the mission is all good, but it has just been so perverted. Like Pace said, it is more "Anti-Obama" than anything. Any person who is really against taxes doesn't have to look any further than our Foreign Policy, and for many of the followers they are just a different brand of sheep.

    However, I would encourage anyone who wants to attend, go. I am confident that we have intelligent people on this forum and if anything if would be good to drag media and attention towards the people who really know a thing or two about our constitution and rights. If I wasn't busy that weekend I would go myself, I think it is a great way to get liberty-leaning people to broaden their minds.
    "You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence."
    -- Charles A. Beard
    XD(m) 9mm

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    22

    Post imported post

    OBAMA is just a puppet. The reason this movement is gaining such support is because the crooks that we elected are no longer serving us they have an agenda and they are not being very shy about it. I do not go to educate or be educated, I go because I know every person I come across loves this beautiful country as much as I do. (TRUE AMERICANS) I will admit
    Bush was no saint and he raped many of our rights (PATRIOT ACT) more like (RAPE AMERICA ACT) These crooks that have the power are driving us straight to hell and they love it. We all might have ideas about what needs to be fixed in America but it all starts with smaller government. The tax thing is funny. I get back about 3000 every year for my tax return and would gladly give it back to the system if I trusted it was for a good and honest cause.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,140

    Post imported post

    By definition the system will never be for a good cause. That's why the consitution restricts it.

    surekill44 wrote:
    OBAMA is just a puppet. The reason this movement is gaining such support is because the crooks that we elected are no longer serving us they have an agenda and they are not being very shy about it. I do not go to educate or be educated, I go because I know every person I come across loves this beautiful country as much as I do. (TRUE AMERICANS) I will admit
    Bush was no saint and he raped many of our rights (PATRIOT ACT) more like (RAPE AMERICA ACT) These crooks that have the power are driving us straight to hell and they love it. We all might have ideas about what needs to be fixed in America but it all starts with smaller government. The tax thing is funny. I get back about 3000 every year for my tax return and would gladly give it back to the system if I trusted it was for a good and honest cause.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,140

    Post imported post

    "GOD loving Americans... Sarah Palin"

    This type of stuff scares me, because it shows the ignoramuses who think that this country is only for Christians.

    Sarah Palin, a lifelong republican stooge has suddenly become the sign of independence? I didnt see her talking about that while she was trying to become Vice President.

    The Tea Party people are so silly that we stick someone like Palin up there, and call her independent.

    If you really want to understand independent thinking, go to
    http://www.lp.org



    surekill44 wrote:
    Tea Party is gathering of Independents,libertarians, conservs, and other GOD loving Americans. There will be a list of GREAT AMERICANS speaking including Sarah Palin. Just a place to meet and show your support for a free America and speak out about all your big gov concerns. The one I want to go to OC style is in Searchlight the hometown of Scary Harry Reid. It will be the first stop on a nationwide tour. (google it)

  13. #13
    Regular Member flagellum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    North Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    385

    Post imported post

    This thread kind of went way off topic but while we're going this way I wanted to throw in:

    http://www.campaignforliberty.com/

    I read it almost everyday.
    "You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence."
    -- Charles A. Beard
    XD(m) 9mm

  14. #14
    Regular Member The Big Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    1,950

    Post imported post

    Sara Palin is the ultimate stooge. Put her in a couple of photo ops with her big bad moose gun and she is instantly transformed into the leader of free people everywhere. She is nothing but the eye candy spokes model for the elite. She was elected Governor of AK and she immediately started running for national office not doing the job she was elected for. Then when supposedly the heat got to her, she cut and ran. Her assignment is to move the Freedom Movement back to the Republican Party through the usurpation of the Tea Party. Right! Republican/Democrat, two sides, same coin. Neither of them intends to continue your right to carry, or any other natural right into the future. Listen to what they say, watch what they do, add it up and you will see that even though proven wrong time and again, they still try to convince us 2+2=6. Folks, Obama+Palin=6. Two sides, same coin.

    Go, open carry, tell them why.

    BG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

  15. #15
    Regular Member Vegas Rick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Las Vegas, ,
    Posts
    113

    Post imported post

    The Big Guy wrote:
    Sara Palin is the ultimate stooge. Put her in a couple of photo ops with her big bad moose gun and she is instantly transformed into the leader of free people everywhere. She is nothing but the eye candy spokes model for the elite. She was elected Governor of AK and she immediately started running for national office not doing the job she was elected for. Then when supposedly the heat got to her, she cut and ran. Her assignment is to move the Freedom Movement back to the Republican Party through the usurpation of the Tea Party. Right! Republican/Democrat, two sides, same coin. Neither of them intends to continue your right to carry, or any other natural right into the future. Listen to what they say, watch what they do, add it up and you will see that even though proven wrong time and again, they still try to convince us 2+2=6. Folks, Obama+Palin=6. Two sides, same coin.

    Go, open carry, tell them why.

    BG
    Whoa, way too many socialist/liberal/progressive/marxist (I have a hard time telling them apart) talking points. Can we be a little more civil and thoughtful here? Unlikely conspiracy theories don't belong in rational discussions.

    I'm not in love with Palin, and despise both Repug and Demon parties, but you've got to give the TEA party more credit for giving voice to the resistance of big government in our lives. I don't think you'll find any anti-gun folks at the rally other than the ones standing behind Reid.
    "Let your gun be your companion on all your walks."
    -- Thomas Jefferson
    who might have wished he carried my .45ACP G-36 1+6+1

  16. #16
    Regular Member The Big Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    1,950

    Post imported post

    (socialist/liberal/progressive/marxist) Whome? You've got to be kidding. I'm the ultimate open carry, gun toting Constitutionalists/Libertarian/Conservative. How come any time ideas come from anyplace but the controlled press, talking heads or elected officials, it is labeled a "CONSPIRACY THEORY"??? What the government says is fact, even lacking evidence or common sense? Even when proven wrong, they keep saying it. A lie told often enough is accepted as the truth. Who determines whetherideas are unlikely, you? Rational discussion? If you don't agree it's irrational, is that it? My last point on this subject is as follows: Those who are unable to articulate their position and back it up, resort to finger pointing and name calling.

    BG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,140

    Post imported post

    Vegas Rick come on. Somehow because someone doesn't like Palin, we are "socialist/liberal/progressive/marxist".

    I'm a Life Time member of the Libertarian Party.

    First it shows an IQ of around 70 when you bunch them together because in the spectrum of political thought they are quite different. Obviously you drank way too much of the coolaid.

    TEA Parties against Big Government? Give me a break. I ask TEA parties supporters about them, here is an actual conversation I had in Starbucks with one, and I promise its the same.

    Me: "So you are against health care?"
    65 year old man:" Yeah, the government is too big, too much money spent."
    Me: "I agree, I am a libertarian. What do you think about stopping social security and medicare?"
    65: "Oh, well, that's good! I just retired and need my checks soon."
    Me: "Really? I thought you said you were against big government?"
    65: "Not against everything in the government. I'm against wasteful government."
    Me: "What do you think abuot the war on drugs, the war on terrorism?"
    65: "We need to get those bastards."

    That was the gist. The TeaBaggers are 95% people who are just anti-Obama, but if you question actually making government smaller and actually taking away their benefits, their wellfare, their unempoloyment, half of them would disappear. None of them think about really what big government is!

    None of them care about small government, they just are repeating what their masters tell them.

    Where have you been for the last 8 years, have you seen any of the marches on Washington against BIG government when Bush was in power? It wasn't all left-wing socialists, it was people from all sides.


  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,140

    Post imported post

    Bless you BG. I am glad to see that people can think out of the box without labels.

    I'm a fricken Buddhist, Pacifist, Law Enforcement/Defesnive Tactics, Gun Carrying Monk.

    The Big Guy wrote:
    (socialist/liberal/progressive/marxist) Whome? You've got to be kidding. I'm the ultimate open carry, gun toting Constitutionalists/Libertarian/Conservative. How come any time ideas come from anyplace but the controlled press, talking heads or elected officials, it is labeled a "CONSPIRACY THEORY"??? What the government says is fact, even lacking evidence or common sense? Even when proven wrong, they keep saying it. A lie told often enough is accepted as the truth. Who determines whetherideas are unlikely, you? Rational discussion? If you don't agree it's irrational, is that it? My last point on this subject is as follows: Those who are unable to articulate their position and back it up, resort to finger pointing and name calling.

    BG

  19. #19
    Regular Member Vegas Rick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Las Vegas, ,
    Posts
    113

    Post imported post

    The Big Guy wrote:
    (socialist/liberal/progressive/marxist) Whome? You've got to be kidding. I'm the ultimate open carry, gun toting Constitutionalists/Libertarian/Conservative. How come any time ideas come from anyplace but the controlled press, talking heads or elected officials, it is labeled a "CONSPIRACY THEORY"??? What the government says is fact, even lacking evidence or common sense? Even when proven wrong, they keep saying it. A lie told often enough is accepted as the truth. Who determines whetherideas are unlikely, you? Rational discussion? If you don't agree it's irrational, is that it? My last point on this subject is as follows: Those who are unable to articulate their position and back it up, resort to finger pointing and name calling.

    BG
    Hmm, well ... I was reacting to finger pointing and name calling:

    "Sara Palin is the ultimate stooge. Put her in a couple of photo ops with her big bad moose gun and she is instantly transformed into the leader of free people everywhere. She is nothing but the eye candy spokes model for the elite. She was elected Governor of AK and she immediately started running for national office not doing the job she was elected for. Then when supposedly the heat got to her, she cut and ran. Her assignment is to move the Freedom Movement back to the Republican Party through the usurpation of the Tea Party. Right! Republican/Democrat, two sides, same coin. Neither of them intends to continue your right to carry, or any other natural right into the future. Listen to what they say, watch what they do, add it up and you will see that even though proven wrong time and again, they still try to convince us 2+2=6. Folks, Obama+Palin=6. Two sides, same coin."

    Your theories about Palin being a stooge and having an assignment to sabotage the TEA Party movement are thin at best. The vast overwhelming body of evidence refutes the idea. I'm not interested in converting your opinion, just saying that I disagree with your characterizing me as unable to "articulate their position and back it up." You don't know me, nor I you, so such a specious counter-attack is not appropriate.

    I'm well aware of what the two primary parties do, what with spending an average of 10 hours per day immersed in political studies. I visit Daily Kos and Democratic Underground several times weekly to examine the "other side" of issues. Most of the time I'm on Free Republic, American Thinker, and Drudge Report.

    As for "(socialist/liberal/progressive/marxist) Whome", remember that I was referring to the talking points about Palin, not you in particular. I think nobody is totally immune from the insidious propaganda from the left, and can pick up ideas that only later are realized as incorrect. I was suggesting that you've been misinformed about Palin's background and her values. What you wrote is definitely from the left's playbook IMHO. Sorry about that, can happen to anyone.
    "Let your gun be your companion on all your walks."
    -- Thomas Jefferson
    who might have wished he carried my .45ACP G-36 1+6+1

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Alaska, USA
    Posts
    18

    Post imported post

    Well, I am hitching a ride out there with my mildly crazy “Obama hating” neighbor (he had signs and shirts made up a month ago). I am from central coast California and was really curious to see if the TEA party movement was about all rights or just a select few. I am planning to open carry until asked to leave by the property owner or agent thereof. Any tips for carrying in Clark County? Anything I might get tripped up on in Nevada law. I have done my research, but it is nice to hear about the little things from those who live there.

    As far as my political beliefs are concerned: mind your own business, pay your own bills, do what you want to do, just do it away from me and mine.

    Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors... and miss” -Robert Heinlein

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    22

    Post imported post

    I open carry in Las Vegas every day. I also plan on OC at the tea party but I was going to give Searchlight PD a call. I would also bring gun registration with you just to keep things on the safe side. It might save you some time and trouble if the leo starts acting crazy. I know a few people on this site like to challenge the law but I would rather stay out of jail and fight my fight as a free man. I think numbers are good when it comes to OC so I would be willing to meet early the day the event. If anyone else is in and has any other ideas feel free to chime in.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Alaska, USA
    Posts
    18

    Post imported post

    Iknow clark county issues a blue card for residents with registered pistols. we don't have a registration requirement for pistols asidefrom import or transfer records and i'm pretty sure clark county has a 60 day grace period for registration. any other tips would be appreciated.

    I will also be carrying my voice recorder for protectionfrom shameless LEO's

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas NV, ,
    Posts
    1,763

    Post imported post

    surekill44 wrote:
    I open carry in Las Vegas every day. I also plan on OC at the tea party but I was going to give Searchlight PD a call. I would also bring gun registration with you just to keep things on the safe side. It might save you some time and trouble if the leo starts acting crazy. I know a few people on this site like to challenge the law but I would rather stay out of jail and fight my fight as a free man. I think numbers are good when it comes to OC so I would be willing to meet early the day the event. If anyone else is in and has any other ideas feel free to chime in.
    I wouldnt go at all if I were you. You have no clue about your rights. Calling the PD? Are you going to ask if it is ok to breathe as well? Sorry to be a hard ass but I am tired of people thinking they have to ask to do what we have a right to do.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    22

    Post imported post

    Do not need to know every law, just know what I need to know. I have read lots of stories on this site from guys that know a heck of a lot more than I do when it comes to gun rights and laws and most are bad stories involving leo. We all know half the cops we come across are gonna be on a power trip and I just think it would be helpful for a guy coming from Cali to bring papers. I was only gonna call and find out the location of the event and make sure they do not have any corrupt laws like NLV and BOULDER CITY.

  25. #25
    Regular Member Sabotage70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fabulous Las Vegas, NV, ,
    Posts
    844

    Post imported post

    surekill44 wrote:
    I open carry in Las Vegas every day. I also plan on OC at the tea party but I was going to give Searchlight PD a call. I would also bring gun registration with you just to keep things on the safe side. It might save you some time and trouble if the leo starts acting crazy. I know a few people on this site like to challenge the law but I would rather stay out of jail and fight my fight as a free man. I think numbers are good when it comes to OC so I would be willing to meet early the day the event. If anyone else is in and has any other ideas feel free to chime in.
    Hmm, that gives me an idea. The serial number is covered up by the hogue grip I put on my J-frame. That and not carrying my blue card. I wonder if I could get threatened with jail for NOT breaking any laws.
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

    RED DRAGONS!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •