• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TEA PARTY IN SEARCHLIGHT

surekill44

imported post

I open carry in Las Vegas every day. I also plan on OC at the tea party but I was going to give Searchlight PD a call. I would also bring gun registration with you just to keep things on the safe side. It might save you some time and trouble if the leo starts acting crazy. I know a few people on this site like to challenge the law but I would rather stay out of jail and fight my fight as a free man. I think numbers are good when it comes to OC so I would be willing to meet early the day the event. If anyone else is in and has any other ideas feel free to chime in.

Eventhorizon

imported post

Iknow clark county issues a blue card for residents with registered pistols. we don't have a registration requirement for pistols asidefrom import or transfer records and i'm pretty sure clark county has a 60 day grace period for registration. any other tips would be appreciated.

I will also be carrying my voice recorder for protectionfrom shameless LEO's

Vegassteve

imported post

surekill44 wrote:
I open carry in Las Vegas every day. I also plan on OC at the tea party but I was going to give Searchlight PD a call. I would also bring gun registration with you just to keep things on the safe side. It might save you some time and trouble if the leo starts acting crazy. I know a few people on this site like to challenge the law but I would rather stay out of jail and fight my fight as a free man. I think numbers are good when it comes to OC so I would be willing to meet early the day the event. If anyone else is in and has any other ideas feel free to chime in.
I wouldnt go at all if I were you. You have no clue about your rights. Calling the PD? Are you going to ask if it is ok to breathe as well? Sorry to be a hard ass but I am tired of people thinking they have to ask to do what we have a right to do.

surekill44

imported post

Do not need to know every law, just know what I need to know. I have read lots of stories on this site from guys that know a heck of a lot more than I do when it comes to gun rights and laws and most are bad stories involving leo. We all know half the cops we come across are gonna be on a power trip and I just think it would be helpful for a guy coming from Cali to bring papers. I was only gonna call and find out the location of the event and make sure they do not have any corrupt laws like NLV and BOULDER CITY.

Sabotage70

imported post

surekill44 wrote:
Hmm, that gives me an idea. The serial number is covered up by the hogue grip I put on my J-frame. That and not carrying my blue card. I wonder if I could get threatened with jail for NOT breaking any laws.

surekill44

imported post

Residents do not either but the negative stories keep on rolling. all i was sayin was to save trouble it would not hurt. Even if we did come across one xxxxx leo it would waste lots of time and ruin our day. I have been on a some ride along and three out of the four times we came across guys with guns. One of the times even sounds like a story a member has posted on this site. LOL the two that did not get any trouble both told me that they think OC is a great thing and they would never mess with anyone expressing the right to carry. They both told me if we like our guns and our rights than we need to vote out our current sheriff and president. sorry I am getting off the subject guys. Bottom line is we all cherish this right so if you have any tips for me I would be happy to hear anyone out. Thanks...

Vegassteve

imported post

surekill44 wrote:
Residents do not either but the negative stories keep on rolling. all i was sayin was to save trouble it would not hurt.

Really in NV the stories keep rolling? Great stories. Outside of Tim and his one issue a year ago we have had no issues from cops. There have been OC walks on the strip, NLV, Henderson etc.

Please point to all these neg stories.

surekill44

imported post

What about the one from the poor guy who got his gun taken away while he was here on vacation.

surekill44

imported post

Not just saying the stories you guys write about because we are the only people reading these stories. How often do you hear about positive story about guns in the paper or on tv.

surekill44

imported post

Back to where all this started, who is in for OC at the tea party? We can meet up in Vegas then drive to Searchlight and meet up with our California buddies.

greengum

imported post

I will be attending. Not that I'm a fan of Palin or anything but some of my family wants to go. I will be OC'ing like I always do just about everywhere I go.