• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question about Non-official MOC events

autosurgeon

imported post

Generally an Official MOC event involves a Coordinator in the planning either a regional such as myself or a Deputy.

They also generally have a manned info Booth at the event versus just an informal meet. As these are evolving as we grow and do more and different kinds of events this is a partial description.

Now as for the banner. If I am able to make it to this event and I am going to try. I will be setting up an info booth and of course will have a banner with me.

Feel free to PM me or email me with any further questions.

autosurgeon

imported post

I have the banner that Cabman had. As for the Trifolds they are public Domain so to speak as they are free to download.

So yes you can hand them out but unless you are an MOC member you cannot say you are doing so on behalf of MOC.

Now if I am there or Cabman as he is my Deputy or you are an MOC member then they can be handed out on behalf of MOC.

Does that make sense?

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

For the event to be an official MOC event there must be a representative on hand such as a Coordinator, board member, deputy. Then MOC banners can be hung and interviews on behalf of MOC can be conducted.

Non official events are ones where there is no person with consent from MOC present to use the logo our speak to hte media on the companies behalf. This is only done to protect MOC, Inc

Anyone can hold an open carry event and give interviews on open carry, etc, etc.

Hope this helps! :cool: