• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry in springfield mo

goalseter88

imported post

i called mark but he still waiting to see if he can get that day off. but i think we could just plan a date ourselfs if we wanted and hopefully it work for mark.

what i was thinking would be kinda neat is, in a rotation, one group meeting be on a weekday and we just go out to a resturaunt eat and chat, and then the next meeting we could rotate and have it on a weekend and try something like a outing of some sort like the busiek state park idea with the bbq and shooting. In my opinion that couldnt get much better then that. and that way we could fit several ppls wants. for example. if you dont want to meet that much just meet every other meeting. if you cant make a weekday events you can always show up to the next one since its would be a weekend event or vice versa for the ppl who cant make weekend events. guess second thing we just have to figure out if we want to keep this at a monthly thing or a bimonthly etc.

and i think it also be helpfull if we got a set date for the meetings like its always on the last monday of the month or the first saterday etc.

and i been talking to this guy on making a website. if we could come up with mabye a name for our group, and a website domain name would be great.

HYRYSC

imported post

goalseter88 wrote:
yah i call around tommorow find places that allow OC. if you have any spot you want to go let me know and i give them a call.

I would probably recommend against that. If you call around, I am sure that you will reach some lackey answering the phone for reservations and they will say, "oh, you wanna have a bunch of guys here with guns? No, we don't allow that."

The best thing to do is just go to the restaurant that we wanna go to. I have carried in just about every chinese and every other buffet in town that is not posted and never got so much as a look...(well except for that one chick that said she was checking out my holster...yeah, riiiiigght!)

goalseter88

imported post

ok lets do it at 7pm at the mongolian buffet over on glenstone. if you dont like that idea give me an place you guys want. i just saw that no one was choosing a place so i choose aplace. i been to the mongolian grill/buffet and it was good.

Chaser

imported post

Mongolian Buffet sounds good to me.

BTW this is the random guy that walked into Starbucks.

goalseter88

imported post

well your right it is good. but that is shot down. i went to go get the address and the real name of the resteraunt since i couldnt remember it when i posted about it yesterday. so since i was there i figured i eat there also. they told me in the begining they didnt have a problem with it but while i was eating he came up and asked me to go to my car and leave my gun since a customer complained. which i was already mostly finished so i just payed and left and told him he wont be geting any of my cash anymore.

we need to find another place fast so we can get this figured out. i dont know of any other buffet that are of chinese. so any other ideas. i say the first person i hear mention a idea that would work i go with since we need to get this figured out soon. and this coming meeting we can find a mabye thats permenant , so we dont have to be deciding on this every time. that and a day and time would be good.

Superlite27

imported post

they told me in the begining they didnt have a problem with it but while i was eating he came up and asked me to go to my car and leave my gun since a customer complained

Managers never, ever, never ever have a problem with it.

It's always another customer who has the problem.

Strange how it's always another customer, and never the manager, huh?

So.....what it boils down to is: another customer's feelings get priority while yourcivil rightsget the boot.

You're a customer as well, right? Why does the other customer get their wishes accomodated while yours get tossed? How does the manager determine customer hierarchy?

Here's the protocol:

Manager: "Excuse me sir. Another customer has complained about your firearm. Could you leave it in your car?"

You: "Aren't I a customer? Which customer complained?"

If he doesn't tell you, he's full of $#!T. Call him on it. Ask him:

"Why does this other customer's feelings get accommodated while my civil rights get ignored?"

If he does tell you, ask him how he determines which customers run his business for him.

If they do not want guns in their business, they will put up a sign. Don't draw attention to signage (We don't want them hurrying to put one up) but if you want to keep your right to carry, you can't just roll over every time you are asked to give up your rights. We have to do something about these wishy-washy busunesses who want both your money, but not your gun. They don't want to alienate gun owners by having the cojones to put up a sign because they WANT YOUR MONEY, but they don't want your gun.

Their answer is to not put up a sign in order to get your money, but to kick you out every time one of us actually OC's. Best of both worlds, huh?

Make the cowards accountable. Call them on their "Ahhhh, sir? Another customer complained......

B.S.! What other customer? If they won't point out the "other customer", IT'S THEM. They just don't have any %a!!s. Call them on it. Stop rolling over so easy when they carelessly stomp on your rights.

HYRYSC

imported post

Chaser wrote:
Mongolian Buffet sounds good to me.

BTW this is the random guy that walked into Starbucks.
Good to see you on here Chaser! Hope to see you again on the 26th.

I have carried in the Mongolian before, but if they don't want my cash, plenty of other places to choose from.

Superlite27, you are exactly right. A friend of mine was asked at a different restaurant the same thing, but he accommodated the request, but then came back in and complained to the manager about somebody's crying baby, about someone who was talking on their phone too loud, etc. The manager just explained away those things, so my friend asked why his feelings were not given the same weight as the "other customer's" feeling. Of course he got a bs answer.

Regardless, The Great Wall is a good place to eat, so I will see everyone there.

Superlite27

imported post

....came back in and complained to the manager about somebody's crying baby, about someone who was talking on their phone too loud, etc. The manager just explained away those things, so my friend asked why his feelings were not given the same weight as the "other customer's" feeling. Of course he got a bs answer.

Good one! I like! I like!