• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL Gun Owner Unfriendly Businesss List

nova

imported post

http://www.vcdl.org/static/gue.html

It lists Outback Steakhouse (Fairfax) as being unfriendly.

Is this referring to the one on Rt. 29?

There is another Outback on Braddock Rd. in 'unincorporated' Fairfax so I was wondering which one the list was referring to.

Also, under the Red Lobster section, it lists Darden restaurants. As of Dec. 2008 Darden sold Smokey Bones so they should no longer have a no-carry policy (I know several OCDO members have had no issues at the Dale City/Woodbridge location).

Lastly, while I'm mentioning Darden, apparently they bought the people who own LongHorn a few years ago. Sad to hear that, as I really like the one in Chantilly. I haven't OC'd there but I haven't heard of anyone having any issues there.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I OC regularly in the Olive Garden here in Lynchburg and some of us held an OC dinner at the Olive Garden down in Roanoke. On a rare occasion I'll go into the Red Lobster here in town and have OCed there too. Never had an issue.

For what its worth the wife has worked for Darden for over 10 years and has never heard of the supposed gun ban for anyone other than for employees.