Thread: What's next with Starbucks?

Post imported post

Those silly liberal San Franciscans*.

There are several small notes in this article, third one down mentions the Starbucks issue:

Starbucks’ gun policy draws fire from group

The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence is heading a move against Starbucks because the coffee giant allows customers to carry guns but not its employees.

I think they call this counterintuitive.

“These two policies seem to be in conflict,” said Paul Helmke, head of the campaign, which is asking people to send a message to Starbucks to bar firearms in its outlets. “If employees having guns is dangerous, why isn’t it equally dangerous for customers to have guns?”

[Note from TFred: "Or..., if customers lawfully carrying guns is safe, why isn't it equally safe for employees to lawfully carry guns?"]

I believe the answer is that Starbucks doesn’t set state gun laws, though it packs a mean latte.

Still, it does point out that gun advocates and gun opponents probably are never going to agree — no matter who offers the next cup of mocha java.

Personally, I’m glad that Starbucks doesn’t allow its employees to carry handguns. With all that caffeine on hand, things could get jittery quick.
    Now it'll never happen in a hundred years... but boy wouldn't that just about be the "fork in the potato" kind of done for the Brady Bunch, if Starbucks took their suggestion to heart, and did allow their employees to carry in accordance with state law as well?

TFred

*I call them "silly liberal San Franciscans" because the first article on the page tells us that even in the face of this struggling economy, they still battle against any "big-box" stores being built and bringing jobs to the area. They're going to "utope" themselves right into bankruptcy along with the rest of California. And then expect the rest of US to bail them out.

Post imported post

They have already been there and done that ... sanctuary cities that have bankrupted the state, farmers being starved of water for a fish, mountain lions preying on unarmed bicycalists in the mountains ... well, there is a lot more, but I think these pretty much point out the most glaring points.

I'm sure there is some sort of Kalifornia Purchase that Nancy has worked out over this Obamacare, we just haven't heard about it yet.
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

okboomer wrote:
    They have already been there and done that ... sanctuary cities that have bankrupted the state, farmers being starved of water for a fish, mountain lions preying on unarmed bicycalists in the mountains ... well, there is a lot more, but I think these pretty much point out the most glaring points.

I'm sure there is some sort of Kalifornia Purchase that Nancy has worked out over this Obamacare, we just haven't heard about it yet.
    Obama may have promised Nancy a "Lordship" over the entire West Coast region after he's taken over as dictator.

Come November, IT"S SLAUGHTER TIME!!!!

Post imported post

okboomer wrote:

Add in the aggressive behavior of southern CA coyotes, all the missing cats and dogs, and the fact that coyotes are too smart for the bunny hugger cage traps, the only type trap legal to use in CA anymore thanks to the Brady's bed pals the HSUS and ilk.

Oh and the cyclists aren't unarmed, I am sure they are told of the Boulder county CO method, which is to put your bike between you and the lion. LOL

WA and COalso have such a stupid trap ban, and it keeps me wondering if the coyotes ,raccoons, and beavershave taken over yet. Maybe not, but the 500.00 per beaver nuisance trappers probably have.

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    Those silly liberal San Franciscans*.*
    Personally, I’m glad that Starbucks doesn’t allow its employees to carry handguns. With all that caffeine on hand, things could get jittery quick.
    Really... REALLY???
    Sic Semper Tyrannis