• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How to carry/wear holster and accessories with bike leathers

tcmech

imported post

I am not sure about the laws where you live but I either stick a taurus model 85 ultralight in the the jacket pocket, or carry a glock 36 in an iwb holster under the jacket (and chaps) till I get off the motorcycle.

I do live in virginia and have a concealed handgun permit so I am doing nothing illegal.

scorpio_vette

imported post

vmaxanarchist wrote:
Simple, don't wear chaps.  Get leather pants.  Chaps fail to protect your ass from road rash and your crotch freezes on a cold ride.  Then you can put your holster on your pants belt.
i've looked at the leather pants, but i prefer the chaps, because depending on the ride and time, i only wear them while riding to protect from the elements, rocks, etc.. and then take them off when i get to my destination. other times i will leave the chaps on all day if i'm going to on/off the bike frequently. they don't offer as much protection as the full leather pants, but they are also not quite as hot during the summer.

Also, another thing you might want is a Blackhawk Serpa level 2 duty holster.  I bought it for OC while riding with leathers.  It's a low ride holster with what Blackhawk calls a jacket slot.  It allows you to wear a jacket tucked behind the gun without having to hike it up and get a draft.  It was meant for LEO like motorcycle officers who OC and want to stay warm with their jacket cinched down properly.
unfortunately i haven't found any holster that fits my gun, so until i can afford a new gun, any of those nice holsters are out of the question. :(

scorpio_vette

imported post

tcmech wrote:
I am not sure about the laws where you live but I either stick a taurus model 85 ultralight in the the jacket pocket, or carry a glock 36 in an iwb holster under the jacket (and chaps) till I get off the motorcycle. 

I do live in virginia and have a concealed handgun permit so I am doing nothing illegal. 

can't carry holstered while in/on a vehicle in wisconsin. has to be unloaded and enclosed in a case. and they don't have conceal carry in wisconsin. :(