Thread: Looking to buy a new handgun CCW

Post imported post

Looking to buy a new handgun CCW. I want something in a revolver seeing as I have a semi .40 I was looking at maybe getting a 9mm or a .45acp snub. The thing is, is that Taurus's 9mm 905 9mm takes moonclips. I'm new to this whole moonclip thing. What are they and is the gun no good? Yes I know I am limiting my ammo with 5 shots by getting a revolver but I find that they are easier to carry CCW wise. I use to have a .357 but want something that is the "worlds" ammo. Also .357 ammo is a lot of money. I'm a middle class worker needing a new gun that I can familiarize myself with without going bankrupted. Also what do you all think of charter arms? They have a revolver in 9mm that doesn't need mooncips.

Thanks for all of your guy's time and help!

Post imported post

What's CCW?

Hint: The name of this forum is OPEN CARRY.

Post imported post

I know that. Its my back up firearm that I am looking to replace. AKA my .40 is my open carry gun.

Post imported post

Nate245 wrote:
    Looking to buy a new handgun CCW. I want something in a revolver seeing as I have a semi .40 I was looking at maybe getting a 9mm or a .45acp snub. The thing is, is that Taurus's 9mm 905 9mm takes moonclips. I'm new to this whole moonclip thing. What are they and is the gun no good? Yes I know I am limiting my ammo with 5 shots by getting a revolver but I find that they are easier to carry CCW wise. I use to have a .357 but want something that is the "worlds" ammo. Also .357 ammo is a lot of money. I'm a middle class worker needing a new gun that I can familiarize myself with without going bankrupted. Also what do you all think of charter arms? They have a revolver in 9mm that doesn't need mooncips.

Thanks for all of your guy's time and help!

The best I can suggest for you is to get a Colt or Charter Arms snubbie in 38. It's a much more common round for a small revolver than an auto round. Nor is it an expensive round. I have two 38 snubbies and they have never done me wrong. Hope that helps.
    "Know firearms, know safety. No firearms, no safety"
    "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."

Post imported post

Moon clips are good. You can reload that little five shooter quicker with them.

Ignore Pace, he seems overly full of himself on occasion. IMHO
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance.

Post imported post

If I was looking forrevolver for a BUG I would get a S&W J Frame, they're awsome guns. I wouldn't suggest any other brand for revolvers because I have 3 S&W's and have owned other brands that don't even come close to the performance that I get out of the S&W's. I've run thousands of rounds through them no problems, however a Taurus 85UL I used to have broke after only 250 rounds.