• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking to buy a new handgun CCW

Nate245

imported post

Looking to buy a new handgun CCW. I want something in a revolver seeing as I have a semi .40 I was looking at maybe getting a 9mm or a .45acp snub. The thing is, is that Taurus's 9mm 905 9mm takes moonclips. I'm new to this whole moonclip thing. What are they and is the gun no good? Yes I know I am limiting my ammo with 5 shots by getting a revolver but I find that they are easier to carry CCW wise. I use to have a .357 but want something that is the "worlds" ammo. Also .357 ammo is a lot of money. I'm a middle class worker needing a new gun that I can familiarize myself with without going bankrupted. Also what do you all think of charter arms? They have a revolver in 9mm that doesn't need mooncips.

Thanks for all of your guy's time and help!

Snakemathis

imported post

Nate245 wrote:
Looking to buy a new handgun CCW. I want something in a revolver seeing as I have a semi .40 I was looking at maybe getting a 9mm or a .45acp snub. The thing is, is that Taurus's 9mm 905 9mm takes moonclips. I'm new to this whole moonclip thing. What are they and is the gun no good? Yes I know I am limiting my ammo with 5 shots by getting a revolver but I find that they are easier to carry CCW wise. I use to have a .357 but want something that is the "worlds" ammo. Also .357 ammo is a lot of money. I'm a middle class worker needing a new gun that I can familiarize myself with without going bankrupted. Also what do you all think of charter arms? They have a revolver in 9mm that doesn't need mooncips.

Thanks for all of your guy's time and help!
The best I can suggest for you is to get a Colt or Charter Arms snubbie in 38. It's a much more common round for a small revolver than an auto round. Nor is it an expensive round. I have two 38 snubbies and they have never done me wrong. Hope that helps.

TOF

imported post

Moon clips are good. You can reload that little five shooter quicker with them.

Ignore Pace, he seems overly full of himself on occasion. IMHO

exp15

imported post

If I was looking forrevolver for a BUG I would get a S&W J Frame, they're awsome guns. I wouldn't suggest any other brand for revolvers because I have 3 S&W's and have owned other brands that don't even come close to the performance that I get out of the S&W's. I've run thousands of rounds through them no problems, however a Taurus 85UL I used to have broke after only 250 rounds. :cuss: