Thread: OC in Wauwatosa Today

Post imported post

Just got back from shopping at Target on 124th and Capitol. Was thinking it might be a routine non-issue day shopping but not without it's interesting moments.

My wife's birthday is Monday so I needed to get her a card. Went straight to the card isle and immediately the guy next to me looked at my sidearm and proceeded to make a phone call. I did hear him ask for security which surprised me a little because I thought he might be calling the police. At this point I am having trouble finding the right card but I am hoping to move on to continue my normal shopping. Unfortunately the card gods were not on my side and finding the right card was proving difficult. Being that I was there so long I did see Target personnel approach him and start a conversation but I really could not hear what was being said. I did hear her say something about it being OK and policy but not in any kind of legible context.

Finally found my cards and was able to continue what I was there for. Some frozen pizza and lunch stuff. On my way to the checkout I realized I forgot wrapping paper and considered not getting it knowing it was right next to the card isle where the guy and the target person still were. In the end I decided it was what I would normally have done while shopping. As luck would have it I run into my good friends and their 2 year old directly in front of this guy who is still on the phone talking to someone (more target people or LEA...who knows). Well it seems that when he saw me interacting with other perfectly normal people with a cute little kid it put him at ease because he calmly ended his conversation and hung up the phone.

After getting my remaining items and checking out I stopped at the soda counter for a soda and the cashier instantly looked at my sidearm but did not say a word. As I was filling up my soda she said "excuse me sir, I saw your gun and wanted to say 'hi' I work for the Sheriff's department" I proceeded to tell her I was not an LEO and that Open Carry was legal........

In the end no issues, Target looks to have supported my rights (can't say for sure), A gentleman got educated about OC as well as two ladies at the soda counter. Oh, my friends too as they didn't know anything about OC.

5 people slightly more educated, or at least informed.

Post imported post

Well done.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar

Post imported post

Well done! Sounds like some prejudices were softened today!

"Carry On"
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Post imported post

Very nice!
    I especially liked this part:
    "In the end I decided it was what I would normally have done while shopping."
    That's exactlyhow I try and go about my day.

Post imported post

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Post imported post

Another uneventful day in Tosa.

-Starbucks on 124th and Capital - who knew they were OC friendly? JK
    -Parkway in Tosa, walked right by an LEO on the way into the park
    -Sendik's on 124th and North (tech. Brookfield)

no incidents - carry on

Post imported post

Way cool:celebrate:celebrateCarry on my friend.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.