• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

store gun owner against open carrying

have gun will travel

imported post

Also, Rep Jose Menedez (D) says he has Bigger Fish to Fry than restore your open carry rights!

----

In an article in the San Antonio News

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/politics/35433269.html

... Jerry McCall, who owns Texas Guns of San Antonio, Arrowhead Gun Shop in Kerrville Texas and Texas Thunder Range in San Antonio was all too happy to point out all the ways that citizens can not be counted upon to handle their openly carried firearms as responsibly as law enforcement. Could it possibly have anything to do with his teaching concealed carry classes?

Perhaps some of our Texas members could let Mr. McCall know what his customers think of his condescending attitude. Remember, be polite, firm and professional. But let him know in no uncertain terms that it is not a good idea to alienate over 40,000 potential customers!

Let's roll! this is from a old post but just a reminder of who your friend are and who going against you in other word take your business else where

neuroblades

imported post

This is shocking and unbelievable behavior from someone who sells and makes a living from the very thing that he's speaking out against, typical hypocrite in action.

Please post this guys email address so we can get the word out and email him. I'm in Kentucky but this type of behavior is not right or becoming of a gun seller.

have gun will travel

imported post

"You might think gun owners would say that is a great thing, but those who know guns the best say, "Not so fast."
Gun storeowner and concealed handgun instructor Jerry McCall is opposed to open carry.
He says police, who carry their guns out in the open, use more expensive holsters that secure the gun in three places, making it less likely that a criminal can steal it and use it against them.
But not everyone pays for the better, more expensive holsters, making them and their gun a target to a potential criminal.
"There is that gun sticking out for the whole world to grab, and all it takes is one idiot," McCall said."

This fellow needs the Jim Zumbo treatment. Apparently he has never been to Arizona, where citizens have been carrying openly for years, and it hasn't been a problem. Are we to believe that we Texans are somehow inferior to Arizonans when it comes to firearms competence? I don't think so. this was posted by another person this is just a reminder of who your friend are take your business else where someone that support open carry

have gun will travel

imported post

I'd reccomend boycotting his establishment if he thinks we common folk aren't responsible enough to carry the weapons he sells. I suppose in his fine establishment he has taken all of the cheap non-retention holsters out of his inventory so that he is only selling the "safest" holsters available as well. Sounds like a man that doesn't realize he may well be biting the hands that feed him

have gun will travel

imported post

"Gun store owner and concealed handgun instructor Jerry McCall is opposed to open carry".

The above line says why he's against it. He teaches a concealed carry course, and will lose money when open carry is legalized. I too would not buy from this idiot, as he does not think gun owners, his customer base, can be trusted to carry openly what he sells this is from an old post just a reminder do not buy from this guy

have gun will travel

imported post

are there any in door gun range that let you bring your own ammo store brought or reload according to texas thunder you have to purchase your ammo from there texas thunder has the same ammo as any other retail

Rogue Warrior

Also, Rep Jose Menedez (D) says he has Bigger Fish to Fry than restore your open carry rights!

----

In an article in the San Antonio News

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/politics/35433269.html

... Jerry McCall, who owns Texas Guns of San Antonio, Arrowhead Gun Shop in Kerrville Texas and Texas Thunder Range in San Antonio was all too happy to point out all the ways that citizens can not be counted upon to handle their openly carried firearms as responsibly as law enforcement. Could it possibly have anything to do with his teaching concealed carry classes?

Perhaps some of our Texas members could let Mr. McCall know what his customers think of his condescending attitude. Remember, be polite, firm and professional. But let him know in no uncertain terms that it is not a good idea to alienate over 40,000 potential customers!

Let's roll! this is from a old post but just a reminder of who your friend are and who going against you in other word take your business else where

I think you broke the code. The CHL instructors have a good business and do not want to allow anything they think might reduce that demand for their services. All they would have to do is spiffy up their course materials. By providing courses in safe gun handling and firearms proficiency followed by courses on the law of self defense and the use of deadly force and so on they would continue to draw customers in my opinion. They would also be expected to testify with respect to the course materials in the event that the customer was involved in a proceeding.

I recently saw a law firm (out of Houston) at the gun show in San Antonio which was offering their services representing individuals up through trial if the purchaser of their services were to become involved in a legal proceeding. There was an annual fee which was not at all bad.