• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How do you know type of Liquor permit?

poddus

imported post

you could ask :)

besides, if you have a CCL it doesn't really matter.

2923.121 Possession of firearm in liquor permit premises - prohibition, exceptions. ------ http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.121
(B)(1) This section does not apply to any of the following:

(e) Any person who is carrying a valid license or temporary emergency license to carry a concealed handgun issued to the person under section 2923.125 or 2923.1213 of the Revised Code or a license to carry a concealed handgun that was issued to the person by another state with which the attorney general has entered into a reciprocity agreement under section 109.69 of the Revised Code and who possesses the firearm in a retail store with D-6 and D-8 permits issued for that store under sections 4303.182 and 4303.184 of the Revised Code or a D-8 permit issued for that store under section 4303.184 of the Revised Code, as long as the person is not consuming liquor or under the influence of alcohol or a drug of abuse.
emphasis added

good point though, I wasn't aware that there were so many different types of liquor licenses. the more you know... :)

OCforAll

imported post

Thanks for posting that. The Attorney Generals handbook does not cite that subsection, just says Class D. Appreciate it!