• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Armer store clerk wins

PincheOgro1

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
tekshogun wrote:
Nice, Tueller Drill. I was aware of the issue of 21 feet and how quickly someone could close in but I never thought about how to drill for it. Thanks for the video link.

I'll make the call at 70/30 against PRKUOC'ers at 21 feet. And 0-5% chance at 15 feet. IMHO, being forced to UOC,we're simply not able to defend against such an attack. As stated before in long ago posts, in such an event don't draw your gun, draw your knife.
I don't know how many in here are prior military, but I am eyeing with great interest "AB 2115". Cal Guns lists it. If you are prior military check it out. It may interest you.

Gundude

imported post

That would be me, USNR-R. But what about the rest of the law abiding citizens. I would call this a baby step in the right direction.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

We-the-People wrote:
This bill causes mixed feelings for me.

On the one hand, it appears that permit issuance would essentially become "shall-issue" for veterans, which would have the nice side effect of forcing places like SF to begin rolling out permits and to meaningfully establish procedures to that end.

On the other hand, this bill merely includes yet another group of government employees into the elite caste, without benefiting the rights of the inferior caste at all.

We already have a de facto elite class of law enforcement professionals, exempted from weapons laws and wielding initiatory violence with impunity, a complete double standard from what the majority of Americans receive.

This bill seems to pander to those interests more than it seems to benefit us.

But time will tell, I suppose.

We-the-People

imported post

I wouldn't consider the MANY THOUSANDS of veterans in Calif as part of any "elite class" as you describe. While they served honorably to protect our country, our Constitution, and our way of life, they are a cross section of America and California. Veterans are from all walks of life, all political, social, and economic groups.

It could be a MAJOR accomplishment towards gun rights for all and be used as a stepping stone to further advances.

It's not perfect but it would be a chip in the armor of the California anti's.

We must take a page from the playbook of the leftist extremists......chip away and chip away.....take every little piece towards the goal that you can get while always keeping focused on the big prize.

Imagine if anti-smoking groups had, from the get go, advocated the banning of smoking in private bussiness and entire cities. They would have be drummed out of existence.

Imagine MADD coming out for aDUI for anything that isn't 0.0 from the get go. They'd have had a much tougher row to hoe, yet that is their goal. Instead they started with .10 Now they've effectively gotten it down to .08 thoughout most (if not all) of the country and a .04 for commercial drivers. Yet they are still advocating ever lower thresholds.

Now imagine the first anti-gunners going for the golden monkey from the very start. They'd have likely been run out of town on a rail. And yet, over the years, they have chipped away and chipped away, until we find ourselves where we are. Fighting back and chipping away.

A journey of 1000 miles begins with the first step. Each new step will take us closer to our ultimate goal of restoring the Constitution and the 2nd amendment.

Gundude

imported post

I wouldn't mind being in an elite group for once in my life, just to see what it's like. Sorta like the lottery winners lives are ruined when the win. I wouldn't mind trying it.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well, I certainly support this bill, for the simple reason that it will enable more people to exercise their right, which means that, from a completely objective perspective, it cannot be opposed. After all, veterans have the a fundamental human RKBA same as everybody else. The net effect here is less rights infringements.

But I still get tired of being treated like an inferior.

rpyne

imported post

Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, provides that:

no state shall ... deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws
ANY law that gives one group or class of people special privileges, is a violation of the Fourteenth Amendment.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
tekshogun wrote:
Nice, Tueller Drill. I was aware of the issue of 21 feet and how quickly someone could close in but I never thought about how to drill for it. Thanks for the video link.

I'll make the call at 70/30 against PRKUOC'ers at 21 feet. And 0-5% chance at 15 feet. IMHO, being forced to UOC,we're simply not able to defend against such an attack. As stated before in long ago posts, in such an event don't draw your gun, draw your knife.
Yeah, it's just too bad for you all in California. I don't mean to seem like I am rubbing it in, but we don't have that problem in NC.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

rpyne wrote:
Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, provides that:

no state shall ... deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws
ANY law that gives one group or class of people special privileges, is a violation of the Fourteenth Amendment.
See, I was thinking this.

On the one hand, the bill results in net less infringement of rights.

On the other hand, it creates blatantly unconstitutional classes of people along arbitrary and inappropriate lines.

SomeGuyInCali

imported post

So, I was talking to an off duty cop (Modesto) that I have known for a while. His stance on citizen with guns? If he had it his way "everyone would be packing". He understands that the world is a safer place when everyone is carrying. He is a good guy and one of the cops you know you can trust. I have known him a long time and have seen him on the job.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

SomeGuyInCali wrote:
So, I was talking to an off duty cop (Modesto) that I have known for a while. His stance on citizen with guns? If he had it his way "everyone would be packing". He understands that the world is a safer place when everyone is carrying. He is a good guy and one of the cops you know you can trust. I have known him a long time and have seen him on the job.
I too know a few MPD cops that are pro-gun and accepting of open carry. However, I'm curious what the official policy/procedure is...