• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Supporting Starbucks

sniper357

imported post

Rumor has it that 20 APRIL 2010 is going to be Starbucks Appreciation Day. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I'm in Nevada and live within 2 miles of 3 Starbucks stores.

Pace

imported post

Then we are screwed, becuase EVERY day has millions of births deaths, etc.

That being said 4/20 is Pot Day. Might actually be interesting.

eye95

imported post

Pace wrote:
Then we are screwed, becuase EVERY day has millions of births deaths, etc.

That being said 4/20 is Pot Day. Might actually be interesting.
Those particular days are associated with gun nuts and armed conflicts between gun nuts and feds. Those days also include the anniversary of the OK City bombing.

Is that who you want the public to think we are??? I don't.

You can bet that any OCDO supported event on either of those two days will bring comparison in the mainstream media between us, Branch Davidians, Columbine shooters, Timothy McVeigh, etc.

That would be PR idiocy.

TatankaGap

imported post

...not to mention one of those days is famous for being Hitler's birthday ~ :shock:

Why do we need a Starbucks appreciation day?

"Hey Company, thanks for respecting our rights. We won't boycott you."

Let's make Starbucks appreciate every day by not having an Appreciation Day and by buying lots of Starbucks on our own individually so that they can see the appreciation in their weekly sales reports - IMHO -

I would encourage everyone to cancel an organized Appreciation Day for Starbucks.

I will not be participating in any case - but I will go to Starbucks today :celebrate

Overtaxed

imported post

eye95 wrote:
Those particular days are associated with gun nuts and armed conflicts between gun nuts and feds. Those days also include the anniversary of the OK City bombing.
Well, April 19 is the Second Amendment March in DC. I'm attending.

AbNo

imported post

TatankaGap wrote:
Why do we need a Starbucks appreciation day?

"Hey Company, thanks for respecting our rights. We won't boycott you."
Sometimes a little goodwill can go a long way. Other companies will notice this, and it will sway their policies.

Not a huge change, but sometimes subtle pushes are good.

fully_armed_biker

imported post

I've never been a big fan of doing something, or not doing something, because of "this date in history." Let the flaming anti's try to put a meaning to the date and prove what morons they are...we all know it has nothing to do with anything that happened on thatparticular date.

That said, why not just make the month of April "Starbuck's Appreciation Month." Why make it a single day when it can be a month long event.Let the flaming anti's try to attach a meaning to the entire month... :celebrate...and if we want other businesses to take notice, a month long event will gain even that much more attention.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Starbucks has indicated that they do not want the notoriety/attention for this that continues to come their way. The business will be appreciated, but meeting point rallies likely not - though they have remained silent on the issue. Let's honor their wishes.

IMO - just going by to get a "cup of" is what they would appreciate the most - that is how we can show our thanks.

Yata hey

eye95

imported post

I have a problem with people saying Rump Parliament!

I can't get the image of a butt smoking a Parliament outta my head. Thanks, man.