• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Certified Pistol Carry

qball54208

imported post

Because let's face it not all of us were born with a gun in our hands. So, for those of you that are interested on learning about more than "How to handle" your gun, here is some info (see attached).
You will learn more about specific Laws, Ordinances and Case Law, when it's legal and not to do SPECIFIC things.
Here is the contact info Angie Blasier
Public Safety Division
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College
(800) 422-6982 Ext. 6240 or 920/498-6240
angela.blasier@nwtc.edu

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Print as wallet card. Notarize if desired. Laminate after signatures. Copyright © DBH
============================================================
The undersigned certifies that the four precepts of safe gun handling are understood and memorized; LOADED[sup][1][/sup], MUZZLE[sup][2][/sup], TRIGGER[sup][3][/sup], TARGET[sup][4][/sup] and that firing a gun requires violation of one or more of these precepts of safe gun handling. Footnotes overleaf.

The undersigned certifies that the four elements of common-law self-defense are understood and memorized; 1) be innocent of instigation, 2) be in reasonable fear of bodily harm, 3) use sufficient force only to deliver oneself from evil, 4) attempt to withdraw. The undersigned acknowledges that local statutes may further restrict or expand common law.

I,________________ certify this day, __________________ that the above is true

Signed:
========================OVERLEAF============================
[1] LOADED- All guns are LOADED until they are not, proven to the satisfaction of all involved.

[2] MUZZLE - Cover with the MUZZLE only that which would be destroyed.

[3] TRIGGER - Keep your finger off the TRIGGER. Keep YOUR finger off the TRIGGER.

[4] TARGET - Know your TARGET and what is beyond.

One or more of these precepts of safe gun handling MUST BE VIOLATED to fire a gun.
There, you're certified in accordance with Wisconsin Statutes and regulations 03/21/2010

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

qball54208 wrote:
Because let's face it not all of us were born with a gun in our hands. So, for those of you that are interested on learning about more than "How to handle" your gun, here is some info (see attached).
You will learn more about specific Laws, Ordinances and Case Law, when it's legal and not to do SPECIFIC things.
Here is the contact info Angie Blasier
Public Safety Division
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College
(800) 422-6982 Ext. 6240 or 920/498-6240
angela.blasier@nwtc.edu
With the completion of this class comes the ability to use the only modern indoor range in NE Wisconsin. This is a good class but most will protest the $200 fee. Some believe that it should be free...:?

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Updates A one-hour class is offered to those who successfully complete the primary 16-hour firearm instruction. This will allow continued improvement of safety and skill development

Updates, updates, updates.

Please keep coming back and spending more money.

Keep pushing the training issue, maybe just maybe you will get what you want. Mandated training in the next CCW Bill. Training that will have no cap on the cost and we all know the cost will be high enough to be a deterrent.

Why can't we just accept the fact that if we want to get some kind of formal training it should be strictly voluntary period.

The mere mention of "Should be required," by anyone in this forum is nothing more than adding fuel to the fires of the anti's like WAVE.

Please Move on. If you want to seek training, good for you. Do not try to impose it on others or suggest that training should be mandatory.

The NWTC course...$200.00 plus the cost of the Permit to carry from which ever state you decide which will be anywhere from $125.00 to who knows how much. So there you have it $325 minimum. Now just how often do you travel to these other states?
The reason I ask is because there are no CCW Permits in Wisconsin. So if you are not an interstate traveler, what the hell is the point.

As far as all of the veterans go, I can speak from experience that when we were trained, we all used paper targets. It did not effect our ability to defend ourselves when the time came.

Are there regrets? Yes there are. It is one of the casualties of war. Would I or any of you have done anything differently? Probably not.

Anyone who becomes involved in an incident in which their life is in danger, will fight with everything they have. It is a natural Human instinct.

As I stated before in another thread, I read the text of the Castle Doctrine Legislation. No where did it state that anyone would get special protection under the law if they had firearms training. Everyone gets equal protection under the law, except the criminals and it about time the law works in favor of the law abiding now isn't it?

Do you ever wonder why the founding fathers didn't require firearms training when they wrote the constitution?

It is because even they were smart enough to know that mandated training or required training is nothing more than infringement and a money pot for profiteers to scrounge the money of the innocent law abiding citizens and nothing more.

I wonder, do any of these students that take these self defense course and actually get the opportunity to use what they have been taught, and then get their arse handed to them ever go back and sue these instructors that took their money and led them to believe that the techniques they were taught were indefenseable?

Nothing is 100%, Nothing is 100%, Nothing is 100%!

If you are that afraid of carrying a firearm and protecting yourself or your loved ones, then what the minutes for the police to arrive. I am sure they will solve the crime and make arrests when/if they catch the criminals later on down the road. Hopefully you will be around to see the justice.

qball54208

imported post

Ok, alright, what I'm about to do is place my head on the chopping block here, right now! I am debating, bantering or antagonizing, just trying to be of some kind of assistance.
I will never justify or defend anything I place here, not now not ever.
I have been mulling around the fourms here and from what I see, there are some people out there that would greatly benifit some comprehensive training, hands on, class room, range and a reasonable/tangable explaination of the Legislative confusion behind the Laws and Codes that Govern the Legal OC.
Great, keep'em coming! However, if there be any doubt what so ever, by all means educate yourself.
I DO NOT proclaim to be a subject matter expert, just an individual that has decided to shed a little light on this issue. Merely a suggestion, to which I WILL NEVER offer unless I know from personal first hand experience! PERIOD
Speaking from hands on experience both Military MP and Law Enforcement training (I'm not a Cop, but I play one on T.V. LOL JK), it is to most everyone's benefit to get nearly the type of training most every LEO has. Hence my original post here. It is not possible to get that type of training unless you enroll in it. Further more, it may keep someone from doing the wrong thing! Not at all to bad an idea! CYA, right?!
It is the personal responsibility of EVERY gun/weapon owner/carrier to educate one's self as not to get into a heap of trouble. In order to know your true rights you must first understand them.
For those of you that remain open minded, thank you for your time and attention. Personally, I do not want to see any one of us getting hemmed up! All we need is ONE bad experience (OC'er) doing the wrong thing, be it someone from here or otherwise.

hunter9mm

imported post

There's nothing wrong with continued education (no, I'm not a teacher :p )in any area of interest you may have in life....ANY interest!

I do however think the "Certified" part is what tends to trip these guys triggers.

My 2 cents worth is ---- Understand the tool you use, learn to use it efficiently, and practice, in what ever conditions you feel you may someday need to use it.

Then only you can decide what environmental conditions warrant taking a human life.

Enough said!

JJC

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Print as wallet card. Notarize if desired. Laminate after signatures. Copyright © DBH
The undersigned certifies that the four precepts of safe gun handling are understood and memorized; LOADED[sup][1][/sup], MUZZLE[sup][2][/sup], TRIGGER[sup][3][/sup], TARGET[sup][4][/sup] and that firing a gun requires violation of one or more of these precepts of safe gun handling. Footnotes overleaf.

The undersigned certifies that the four elements of common-law self-defense are understood and memorized; 1) be innocent of instigation, 2) be in reasonable fear of bodily harm, 3) use sufficient force only to deliver oneself from evil, 4) attempt to withdraw. The undersigned acknowledges that local statutes may further restrict or expand common law.

Signed:
[1] LOADED- All guns are LOADED until they are not, proven to the satisfaction of all involved.

[3] TRIGGER - Keep your finger off the TRIGGER. Keep YOUR finger off the TRIGGER.

One or more of these precepts of safe gun handling MUST BE VIOLATED to fire a gun.
There, you're certified in accordance with Wisconsin Statutes and regulations 03/21/2010
If you have this in your wallet and are involved in a shooting, you'd better be prepared to spend some time in prison. A DA would have a field day with this document. Knowledge is power.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

JJC wrote:

Signed:

If you have this in your wallet and are involved in a shooting, you'd better be prepared to spend some time in prison. A DA would have a field day with this document. Knowledge is power.
As many here on ODCO and on its Wisconsin forum have found out, by that measure I am extremely powerful!

Comparing us, JJC and Doug Huffman, I too was a certified pistol instructor among many other things.

jwayne972

imported post

JJC wrote:

Signed:

Should I also leave my hunter's safety card out of my wallet, since it basically says the same thing? Bestow some of your proposed knowledge unto us, what facts do you base your assumption on?