• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Front Royal Utah Class

Vanns40

imported post

I know there have been other instructors who have half-heartedly said "contact me and I'll quote you a price", on coming into the valley to teach a Utah Class.My price is $85 per student. I provide the application and I do the fingerprinting on site, saving you a trip to the police or sheriff's dept. and the associated money involved.

I need 15 students in order to pay for the conference room and my time to travel there.

If you are interested in a class, held in the Front Royal area, probably in May, send me an email at:utahclass@att.netand put Front Royal in the subject line.

You can check out my web site at http://www.utahconcealedcarryclass.com Nothing fancy, just the answers.

Dave Vann

curtiswr

imported post

I like that all 7 of your posts have been advertisements for your classes.

And to nitpick even more, I like that all 7 of your posts have been advertisements for concealed carry classes on an open carry forum.

Vanns40

imported post

Curtis wrote:
I like that all 7 of your posts have been advertisements for your classes.

And to nitpick even more, I like that all 7 of your posts have been advertisements for concealed carry classes on an open carry forum.

That's okay, nitpick away. The problem with nitpicking is that you don't know what is going on in folks lives. As an Executive Member of VCDL I try to keep abreast of concealed and open carry news around the country and here in Virginia.When possible I try to host lunches or dinners that are open carry. Due to work I haven't been able to for a while.

Regarding offering concealed classes on an open carry forum, so? We live in the Commonwealth of Virginia, not a walled off castle. Many folks don't want a Virginia permit due to the fact that their private information can be open to the public. Not so with a Utah Permit. Even those with a Virginia permit like having a Utah permit because it gives them the flexibility of traveling to more states armed. Maybe you don't want to but others do.

I'm sorry I don't have the luxury of sitting in front of a computer all day and typing on blogs. And that's not a criticism. I wish I could for I really enjoy it. I just spend too many hours on the road.

That said, I'd be glad to make time to have a beer with you anytime.

Dave Vann

curtiswr

imported post

No problem, and thanks for clearing it up; I'm sure you know what they say about assuming!

It's not known to everyone who you are and to those that don't know you didn't make it obvious by only offering advertisements as posts.

As for concealed carry classes... again with the not knowing and you not offering it: your interests are not known to everyone so to those that don't know your interests might very be seen as not really giving a damn about OC but rather a potential target market for your CC classes.

Thank you for your work with VCDL.

Vanns40

imported post

Curtis wrote:
No problem, and thanks for clearing it up; I'm sure you know what they say about assuming!

It's not known to everyone who you are and to those that don't know you didn't make it obvious by only offering advertisements as posts.

As for concealed carry classes... again with the not knowing and you not offering it: your interests are not known to everyone so to those that don't know your interests might very be seen as not really giving a damn about OC but rather a potential target market for your CC classes.

Okay, now you've got me started! :) I open carry EVERYWHERE, just ask a few folks on this site that know me. I'm also a retired LEO who goes after bad cops anywhere I find them. I've spoken against police departments who have harassed open carry by law-abiding citizens in some well known instances in the Northern Virginia, that VCDL has been involved in. I firmly believe that law abiding citizens are never the problem and I had no problem with them being armed when I was an LEO. The more the merrier.

Dave

curtiswr

imported post

Vanns40 wrote:
Curtis wrote:

Okay, now you've got me started! :) I open carry EVERYWHERE, just ask a few folks on this site that know me. I'm also a retired LEO who goes after bad cops anywhere I find them. I've spoken against police departments who have harassed open carry by law-abiding citizens in some well known instances in the Northern Virginia, that VCDL has been involved in. I firmly believe that law abiding citizens are never the problem and I had no problem with them being armed when I was an LEO. The more the merrier.

Dave

Sounds good. :D

I apologize for my previous hostility; I hope you can look past it. I am glad you are one of the good guys and that I was wrong in my earlier judgment.

Vanns40

imported post

Curtis wrote:
Vanns40 wrote:
Curtis wrote:

Dave

Sounds good. :D

I apologize for my previous hostility; I hope you can look past it. I am glad you are one of the good guys and that I was wrong in my earlier judgment.

No problem at all. I'm thinking about a lunch at Tyson's in the next couple of weeks. I'll post it. It'll be on a Sat. at Ledo's, a really gun friendly restaurant.

On a somewhat related note. I'm really surprised that no one in the valley (Front Royal, Luray etc.) has expressed an interest in the class. I didn't think there were any instructors out that way, but maybe I'm wrong or maybe no one is interested in having a Utah permit!