• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in BECU Tukwilla confrontation

Aryk45XD

imported post

I know there are plenty of great officers out there who have a lot better things to do than harass citizens. Some people will do what they wish regardless of what is right. It just REALLY frightens me to know some of those people are in positions of authority who have sworn to protect and serve. :shock: Unfortunately, carrying a weapon in the open makes you a target of another type of people. Granted they won't try to rob you of physical possessions. They're after something that means a lot more to me as a proud and honest American. :banghead: I'm not the most social person and just like to be left alone. I've often thought about not carrying in the open anymore because of the potential consequences even though it seems to project my calm and good natured attitude to others I interact with most of the time. :cool: This tool I carry means a lot more to me than saying "I will protect myself." My family is mostly a certain shade of red that made it very hard to live through and become an American even though we were here first. Normalizing of firearms is something that was done by my family before I could remember. Every man in my family proudly served his country to protect our freedoms that have been slowly taken away from us in tiny bits. :cuss: It pisses me off that people here willingly give up their freedoms to bury their fat heads in the sand and believe they are safer with strict laws and unnecessary taxes. Now that I mention taxes... I'm too proud to ask for a handout from my own family much less anybody else. I know when I've been hurting it meant it was time to tighten my own belt and work harder to come out on top while making do with what I have. :X I work too damn hard and respect others too much to take any kind of crap from anybody who thinks I shouldn't have the right to protect myself! as I said earlier, wearing this tool says "I will protect myself" in a whole lot more ways than first glance shows.
I guess I didn't know I had so much to say until I started. :celebrate

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ok, so I had to deposit $5k today at BECU.

I went fairly early today, 10am so as to avoid big lines at the lunch rush. I started my recorder in the parking lot. I was wearing jeans, dress shoes, long sleeve seater with a collar. Pretty average looking.

I walked in to the center counter and filled out a deposit slip. Only one person ahead of me in the line, and about 10 tellers helping customers. Also, there were several customers and employees at the front desk where Aryk would of been last week.

After waiting 2 minutes I was called to an availble window. I made my deposit, $5k cash.

Nothing was said and I went on my way....

Aryk45XD

imported post

There was a HUGE line when I went. Most of the customers around me were friendly and commented either how nice my gun was or just took a glance as I spoke with them. All around me were pretty friendly and social. None of them gave it a cold stare or stopped talking to me. I believe we were talking mostly about some recent news events because the news was on the TV behind the counter. Like I said, it was a great experience until the very end. Maybe they were just jealous of my good looks and pretty gun. :cool:

amlevin

imported post

911Boss wrote:
I would then still follow up with corporate. I think a "former" customer sends a louder message than an "upset" one.

Definitely contact the main office in Tukwila. I had a similar issue with a branch and once I contacted the "Big Bosses" the branch got their stuff straightened out. Some of the branch managers are about as smart as a fence post but there are people at the Tukwila Service Center that can "educate them". The last thing BECU wants ia PO'd customers.

Aaron1124

imported post

Off topic a tad, but a guy dropped his spare magazine in Keybank, and all his ammo went all over the floor over like a 6 foot radius. Must have been CCing because I didn't see his firearm. Must have been embarrassing.