• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Never leave home without your gun.

tntorqu

imported post

I know this may sound weird and this isn't about OCing. But tonight (saturday) I went to the gas station to get the greatest drink of all (mountain dew). I was following a car for like five minutes. I wasn'ttailgating but i was two cars away from them. I follow them from my road to the gas station. But who knew if they were going to the same place i was. They turned into the gas station and speeded up towards the pump. I then pulled in and i saw a male in the passenger seat. He looked at me and looked down and he seemed like he was playingwith something because his arms was moving fast. I pulled up to the pump beside the other car. He put something in his pants but i saw a bottom of a magazine. It looked like the symbol of a Ruger. But the girl he was with had a nervous look on her face. He then looked at me and gotten out of the vehicle with his hand underneath his shirt. while he was walking in he just kept staring at me. At that point i didnt know what to do. I left my ruger p95at the house and i had a spare mag in the glove compartment. I thought i left my baby glock underneath the seat but i then remembered i put it back in the gun safe. So i was SOL. I couldnt stop shaking because who knew if he would of came out i gave him the wrong look and he started shooting. At that point i should of called the police. But they would have came out probably search him and he may have not had anything on him.Come to think of it i did leave the cell at home to. All i had was a wallet. Getting back to the story he came back out still with his hand in his pants. got in the vehicle the girl was staring at me with a scared look. They just sped of like they were running away from something. Look before yall start calling me an idiot i have been in a stressful situation. But nothing like i was about to be a victim. I just couldnt do anything i could of just left but my only exit was blocked by a traffic of cars. I just didnt know what his intentions were. But never be caught empty handed. Be aware of your surroundings. NEVER EVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT YOUR HANDGUN. ALWAYS HAVE A BACKUP. JUST LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES!!!!!!!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The second handgun I bought many years ago was a bug. A Keltec P32. I have a small little case for it that fits in the center console of my car. IT IS ALWAYS THERE. I never remove it unless I have it on my person. Many times I have run up to the store with out my primary handgun and just slipped the Keltec into my pocket. It is a fairly inexpensive gun and gives me the comfort of never ever having to be without a gun.

LA Confederate

imported post

Yep good advice. I too have a very bad habit of leaving my sidearm at the house. I've gotten way too complacement and distracted and that is a sure sign of a dangerous situation. :banghead:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

LA Confederate wrote:
Yep good advice. I too have a very bad habit of leaving my sidearm at the house. I've gotten way too complacement and distracted and that is a sure sign of a dangerous situation. :banghead:
Mental and physical check list begins and ends with primary w/BUG. :exclaim:

Yata hey

Swampwood

imported post

Where my wallet goes.. My 9 goes, and like gogodawg I keep my Keltec(but mines the 380)in my armrest box.

Slidell Jim

imported post

anyone thought to turn this story around? Look at it this way.....

So i just picked up my girl at her house and we headed into town. I quickly noticed this other car behind me right after we set off. This other car wasn't tail gating or anything, but he followed us right into town and pulled into the same store, this got me nervous. I just needed to go inside for a Mountain Dew (btw. the greatest drink ever:dude:) but this guy pulled right up to the pump next to us. My girl was really nervous, but I told her to sit tight and I hurried into and back from the store. I wanted to make her feel protected, so I retrieved my pistol from the glovebox and as I exited the car I put it in my pants pocket, carefully exposing the butt of the grip for this guy to see. I really didn't know about this guy's intentions, but he knew I meant business. At that point i should of called the police. But they would have came out probably search him and he may have not had anything on him. When I came back to my car he just sat there shaking. We sped off like we where running from something. Man I am glad I had my Ruger with me that night. NEVER EVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT YOUR HANDGUN. ALWAYS HAVE A BACKUP. JUST LEARN FROM MY EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Slidell Jim wrote:
anyone thought to turn this story around? Look at it this way.....

So i just picked up my girl at her house and we headed into town. I quickly noticed this other car behind me right after we set off. This other car wasn't tail gating or anything, but he followed us right into town and pulled into the same store, this got me nervous. I just needed to go inside for a Mountain Dew (btw. the greatest drink ever:dude:) but this guy pulled right up to the pump next to us. My girl was really nervous, but I told her to sit tight and I hurried into and back from the store. I wanted to make her feel protected, so I retrieved my pistol from the glovebox and as I exited the car I put it in my pants pocket, carefully exposing the butt of the grip for this guy to see. I really didn't know about this guy's intentions, but he knew I meant business. At that point i should of called the police. But they would have came out probably search him and he may have not had anything on him. When I came back to my car he just sat there shaking. We sped off like we where running from something. Man I am glad I had my Ruger with me that night. NEVER EVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT YOUR HANDGUN. ALWAYS HAVE A BACKUP. JUST LEARN FROM MY EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!
Yep - there's always two sides to every story..................and both may well be accurate/true.

Yata hey

barf

imported post

Or...

I was working the night shift at the gas station on Saturday when this fugly dude walks in, hand in his pants, and asks where the jock itch powder is. I said "dude, aisle 3 next to the condoms", and he goes to get it as I use some of the complimentary hand sanitizer and some window washing towels to clean the front door where he came in. So he pays for the powder and some red bull and immediately opens the powder and pours it in his pants! He leaves the store with his hands in his pants trying to get the powder applied liberally to the affected area, and I see his girlfriend in the car apparently embarrassed by his actions. I hear his girlfriend yell something like "let's get the hell out of here - you're embarrassing me" as they speed off into the night. Next thing I know, this gangster wannabe looking dude walks in and buys 14 cases of mountain dew. Who the hell drinks 14 cases of mountain dew?

I'm just glad I had my Remington model 870 pump action shotgun & Colt Combat Commander .45 at the ready under the counter. You never know what kind jackholes you encounter when you're working at a convenience store.

sraacke

imported post

tntorqu wrote:
lord forgive me, but i hate you barf with all of my heart.:cuss:
I've learned to never read anything Barf posts while taking a drink or eating. He's caused me to spit up more than 1 Diet Coke in the past. That stuff BURNS when it's coming out your nose.