• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SW Washington OC Event

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Per Dave Workman....

I just got off the telephone with the Vancouver man's attorney. He appreciates all of your support,

HOWEVER...

He asks that you PLEASE
do not travel to Vancouver for any kind of a demonstration, picnic, gathering at Albertson's (they're not the culprit here!!!) as it will not help his client's case, in the event this case goes anywhere.

He's the attorney, and I think O.C. activists ought to honor his request on behalf of his client.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran

swatspyder

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
Esther Short Park is downtown and very near city hall. It is a community gathering spot. Just a few blocks from city hall and The Columbian newspaper as well.

http://www.ci.vancouver.wa.us/parks-recreation/parks_trails/parks/west_vancouver/esthershort.htm

And according to the rules only the 'discharge of firearms' is prohibited!

And if I recall there is a Starbucks accross the street as well.
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Esther+Short+Park&cd=1&ei=OLSlS8rWBJ-ijQO039WQCA&sll=45.627204,-122.673858&sspn=0.006295,0.006295&ie=UTF8&hl=en&view=map&cid=6058710867262212782&ved=0CB4QpQY&hq=Esther+Short+Park&hnear=&ll=45.626929,-122.674938&spn=0.005567,0.013937&t=h&z=17&iwloc=A

Link to google maps for Esther Short Park

Starbucks, FBI and City of Vancouver... :what:

Google maps is wrong, no FBI office there... :uhoh:

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

I don't see any tables or shelters available at Ester ( my 1st choice as well).

However: Leverich Park looks to have everything we need. - This great park, conveniently located near I-5 and State Route 500 offers a great picnic shelter for LARGE groups. The Burnt Bridge Creek flows through the length of the park as does the Discovery Trail. Large douglas fir trees line the park and there are numerous picnic tables throughout the park.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...local_group&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBwQtgMwAA

swatspyder

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:

However: Leverich Park looks to have everything we need. - This great park, conveniently located near I-5 and State Route 500 offers a great picnic shelter for LARGE groups. The Burnt Bridge Creek flows through the length of the park as does the Discovery Trail. Large douglas fir trees line the park and there are numerous picnic tables throughout the park.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&source=hp&oq=&gs_rfai=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=vancouver+washington+parks+locations&fb=1&gl=us&hq=parks&hnear=vancouver+washington&ei=L7OlS_eJNILctgOGnbUi&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBwQtgMwAA
Closer to the Albertsons in question too.

Stretch

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
I could've sworn I sat with my family at some tables there a couple of years ago. I just cannot recall for sure.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Ester Park:
Facilities
green_bullet.gif
Play equipment
green_bullet.gif
Paved walkways
green_bullet.gif
Benches
green_bullet.gif
Water Play fountain
green_bullet.gif
Bell Tower with Glockenspiel
green_bullet.gif
Community Plaza & Ampitheatre
I've found nothing about picnic tables. Seems to be plenty of ground space though.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
Ester Park:
Facilities
green_bullet.gif
Play equipment
green_bullet.gif
Paved walkways
green_bullet.gif
Benches
green_bullet.gif
Water Play fountain
green_bullet.gif
Bell Tower with Glockenspiel
green_bullet.gif
Community Plaza & Ampitheatre
I've found nothing about picnic tables. Seems to be plenty of ground space though.
It is a big open park, with lots of room right in the heart of downtown. I will have some friends who live in Vancouver do some recon for me tomorrow on picnic tables. (he is a CC Sheriff's deputy and thinks VPD are idiots)

ShooterMcGavin

imported post

Is there any chance for VPD to show up to make arrests at this or other events? I OC sometimes, by myself. However, I am alreadybeing put through the ringer in acorrupt court system for a traffic infraction and I cannot afford anything to defend against another citation.

Machoduck

imported post

Of course Shooter, there's always that chance, especially in Vancouver. You could go CCing as I will attempt to do. We can be the "non threatening" members of the group, of whom questions could be asked without risking life and limb.

Speaking of asking questions, the press are great at that and proved a tremendous help at the Silverdale picnic. Thanks SemperCarry! Maybe we should offer first refusal to Vancouver Man's Wife, in contacting the press.

MD

team one

imported post

Just a FYI, Leverich park is virtually invisible from the public, except for the actual park goers, it is a long driveway down into a little hollow, in between some freeways. Esther Short park is the heart of Vancouver, just a few blocks from the County Seat/Courthouse, highly visible and well attended.

PoppaGary

imported post

Hello all, finally got a chance to go online, sorry I hadn't been jumping in the threads sooner.

A word on our parks....

Esther Short has a few tables, no bbq pits and no covered area. It does have a central gazebo / stage that might be available for reservations. The Vancouver Farmer's Market is held on the West side every weekend (just opened), which would be nice for more visibility, but parking is awful.

There are some good"neighborhood" parks within a couple of milesfrom the Albertson's shopping area, but our wise city leaders/planners design these "neighborhood" parks with very little parking as well. Many havelimited resources and are usually right next to or close toa school. I would think we would have to stay outside of the 1000 ft (unConstitutional) Fed School ban law unless we all had a CPL on us.

Between schools and the Federal park/Reserve area in the east-center of town, we are really going to be limited in our choices.

Unless someone else from this areahas offered (even then I can help out), I can work with Vancouver Man's Wife and locate a good park.

We need to check for reservation and/or other events at Esther Short. It is about the most visible park that is not near a school.

Gary

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

You know, I don't really think I can make it at 10 am.... can we leave the time open for discussion? :lol: :celebrate
Considering the park in question, I thought we might want to get some folks down there early to reserve an area. However the actual start time is open....