• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My BEST OC experience to date

hermannr

Old thread...yes...but to you guys that don't see anyone else OC...and you want to know if it is more common...ask someone that owns a shop in the town in question.

To find out something of the WA liquor store law, one day I asked the gal that held the contract for the contract liquor store here in Tonasket...is there anything in your contract about open carry in your liquor store? (state law mandated that the state owned liquor stores allow carry) She replied "no, but lots of people do".

I've lived outside Tonasket for over 7 years now...and have not observed anyone else OC in town...BUT...the lady at the liquor store says lots do...??? so ask a gun friendly store owner, and you might get a better idea how many actually do OC in your area.

Hotrodvw

First off, reviving a dead thread. Second off, Hoss, I'm new to the OC scene, however I've been getting nothing but positive reactions. A mutual friend of ours has fully encouraged me to go O.C., which I have no intention of not doing. I'm in the Eugene area, Northern outskirts specifically.

Back to the thread: Was OCing in Creswell, Glock 17 in a dropleg Serpa. 8 or 9 people in the gas station. One guy asked if it was a 17 or 19 on my leg, told him what it was, he nodded and went about his business. Old timer behind the counter overheard us, looked up at me (Dressed in a tattered flannel jacket and black cargo pants), smiled and said "You sir, are a first class patriot"

State troopers and local sheriffs are being entirely supportive of my decision too, which surprised the living hell out of me, but I'm not going to complain one bit.

Reviving old thread yet again... :)

I live in Creswell, am certainly considering OC soon. I never have since I have my permit, but feel it is needed anymore. I am impressed that you had such a positive experience here. I wasn't real sure what to expect honestly. LCSO is contracted here in town, but one officer per 12 hr shift doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy. I know for certain my boss would flip if he knew I carried at work, but the topic has never come up. I'm not real sure what to expect from Youjean on OC.

Eric

hermannr

Reviving old thread yet again... :)

I live in Creswell, am certainly considering OC soon. I never have since I have my permit, but feel it is needed anymore. I am impressed that you had such a positive experience here. I wasn't real sure what to expect honestly. LCSO is contracted here in town, but one officer per 12 hr shift doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy. I know for certain my boss would flip if he knew I carried at work, but the topic has never come up. I'm not real sure what to expect from Youjean on OC.

Eric

You never know what your boss thinks unless you bring the subject up. Do you remember the church shooting in PA just before Christmas? Well, after Church Christmas day there was quite the "carry in church" discussion...which revealed 5 armed men, and, oh yes, 1 armed woman, everything from a little pocket pistol to a full sided .357 revolver and a full sized 1911. Some had carried before, and carry regularly, some were carrying just because of the PA insident.

Last edited: