• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Open Carry Allowed" at this establishment

craigm

imported post

I don't think the insult about knowing the law was necessary. From what he said, he was open carrying somewhere concealed carry was prohibited, but the "eye witness" claimed he was carrying concealed. If you think our justice system is without its problems, wait until you get your chance to shine. The best part is when it's your tax dollars paying the prosecutor, but you can't afford a decent defense to show the courts you've done nothing wrong.

And for what it's worth, I usually enjoy the different aspect you provide to nearly every situation posted on here.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

Thanks craig. Im probably not the only one who has, or will ever be caught up in some legal mumbo jumbo that has nothing to do at all with why we have laws to begin with.

And no, I would not dictate what goes on inhis store, its simply my point of veiw. IMO CC is bad practice.

G

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
Thanks craig. Im probably not the only one who has, or will ever be caught up in some legal mumbo jumbo that has nothing to do at all with why we have laws to begin with.

And no, I would not dictate what goes on inhis store, its simply my point of veiw. IMO CC is bad practice.
There was no legal mumbo jumbo.

CC is my privilege.

You lost yours.

Don't make demands on a store owner under the pretense of opinion.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Bronson wrote:
Is there a graphic anywhere of the window sticker that can just be printed out?

Bronson
Yes there is I was looking at it the other day and now I can't find the link. If I remember correctly, it's a pdf Brian created that's about a4 x4 inch or so display.

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

So then you admit that CC is a right, and yet you don't think anyone should do it, and furthermore, that business owners should restrict this right?

It is this line of thinking, not people carrying concealed, that has put us in the predicament we are in presently.

If you think that any kind of carry should be restricted in any way [other than perhaps for violent felons] then I would think that those views would fall on mostly deaf ears in this arena.

...I could be wrong though, and I don't want to speak for those who have the right to speak for themselves.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:
It is this line of thinking, not people carrying concealed, that has put us in the predicament we are in presently.

I disagree, if those who carried concealed, would carry openly, gun ownership, safety and responsibility would be a non issue, and the gun laws that were created toallow people live in a more comfortable state of denial wouldnt exist.

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
Evil Creamsicle wrote:

I disagree, if those who carried concealed, would carry openly, gun ownership, safety and responsibility would be a non issue, and the gun laws that were created toallow people live in a more comfortable state of denial wouldnt exist.
Deep real deep man, but I have to disagree. The way a gun is carried in no way insures safety, or responsibility. Ownership I don't know about that but, the way a gun is carried should be a non-issue. The constitution reads The right of the People to Keep and Bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

I was referring to the lack of exposure of people in general to guns and their owners, has lead to their irrational fear and thus irrational legislation of the gun and the owner. Not that the mode of carry would be inherently safer.

Except that OC is inherently safer, but that is a different story.

I agree with the shall not be infringed thing, Im not talking about passing laws here. Although, if it werent for "shall not be infringed", I would vote to ban CC.

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
if it werent for "shall not be infringed", I would vote to ban CC.
This is what makes you dangerous.

This is the mindset I was talking about.

This clearly states that you think that RKBA should be infringed.

ETA:

your statement about being all for 'shall not be infringed' but then saying you'd ban CC is eerily similar to the statements made about 'well I respect your right to carry and all, but not here'

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:
your statement about being all for 'shall not be infringed' but then saying you'd ban CC is eerily similar to the statements made about 'well I respect your right to carry and all, but not here'
Not really. I support the constitution, which means I may have to support things I do not like. CC is one of those things.

G

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Stainless all I can say is ....:what::what::uhoh::uhoh::banghead::banghead::cuss::cuss:
Autosurgeon all I can say is.... :what::what::uhoh::uhoh::banghead::banghead::cuss::cuss:

LOL

CoonDog

imported post

Stainless, I'm having a hard time following the conceptual framework by which you arrive at your conclusions. Frankly, some of your stated positions appear to contradict each other; it's as if you are still developing your thoughts on the matter. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it makes it difficult to follow your train of thought at the moment.

My opinions on your remarks notwithstanding, there's no doubt in my mind that you were railroaded by the court.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

Thanks. Since then, I keep a copy of, and have re-studied the laws relevant to my activities, I abide by them, and have a voice recorder for backup. I will practice wash rinse repeat wherever appropriate, and have no intensions of giving consent to search my vehicle. I OC only, and when my license is restored, will always OC, partly because legally, its safer.