• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Free certification of training.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Print as wallet card. Notarize if desired. Laminate after signatures. Copyright © DBH
============================================================
The undersigned certifies that the four precepts of safe gun handling are understood and memorized; LOADED[sup][1][/sup], MUZZLE[sup][2][/sup], TRIGGER[sup][3][/sup], TARGET[sup][4][/sup] and that firing a gun requires violation of one or more of these precepts of safe gun handling. Footnotes overleaf.

The undersigned certifies that the four elements of common-law self-defense are understood and memorized; 1) be innocent of instigation, 2) be in reasonable fear of bodily harm, 3) use sufficient force only to deliver oneself from evil, 4) attempt to withdraw. The undersigned acknowledges that local statutes may further restrict or expand common law.

I,________________ certify this day, __________________ that the above is true

Signed:
========================OVERLEAF============================
[1] LOADED- All guns are LOADED until they are not, proven to the satisfaction of all involved.

[2] MUZZLE - Cover with the MUZZLE only that which would be destroyed.

[3] TRIGGER - Keep your finger off the TRIGGER. Keep YOUR finger off the TRIGGER.

[4] TARGET - Know your TARGET and what is beyond.

One or more of these precepts of safe gun handling MUST BE VIOLATED to fire a gun.
There, you're certified in accordance with Wisconsin Statutes and Administrative Regulations on 03/21/2010

qball54208

imported post

Again Doug, if you're going to Post information, especially the type you just did, would you PLEASE give exact reference as to where it came from. IOW, validate your information. IE, what Code, local, State???
Otherwise someone might just go right out there and land himself/herself in a huge pile of trouble, up to and including a Felony or worse.
Thank you!

hardballer

imported post

qball54208 wrote:
Again Doug, if you're going to Post information, especially the type you just did, would you PLEASE give exact reference as to where it came from. IOW, validate your information. IE, what Code, local, State???
Otherwise someone might just go right out there and land himself/herself in a huge pile of trouble, up to and including a Felony or worse.
Thank you!

Ditto. . .

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

the four elements of common-law self-defense are understood and memorized
Common law? Have we stepped backwards from having constitutional rights to seeking protection under the King of England's color of law? Our common law rights have been abrogated in so many areas its like a piece of Swiss cheese. I suppose next you are going to claim to be a sovereign citizen and that you hold your land in an allodial title.

C'mon Doug. Get in the real world.

imported post

Print as wallet card. Notarize if desired. Laminate after signatures. Copyright © DBH
The undersigned certifies that the four precepts of safe gun handling are understood and memorized; LOADED[sup][1][/sup], MUZZLE[sup][2][/sup], TRIGGER[sup][3][/sup], TARGET[sup][4][/sup] and that firing a gun requires violation of one or more of these precepts of safe gun handling. Footnotes overleaf.

The undersigned certifies that the four elements of common-law self-defense are understood and memorized; 1) be innocent of instigation, 2) be in reasonable fear of bodily harm, 3) use sufficient force only to deliver oneself from evil, 4) attempt to withdraw. The undersigned acknowledges that local statutes may further restrict or expand common law.

Signed:
[1] LOADED- All guns are LOADED until they are not, proven to the satisfaction of all involved.

[3] TRIGGER - Keep your finger off the TRIGGER. Keep YOUR finger off the TRIGGER.

One or more of these precepts of safe gun handling MUST BE VIOLATED to fire a gun.
There, you're certified in accordance with Wisconsin Statutes and Administrative Regulations on 03/21/2010

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Abraxxas wrote:
Awesome! A printable WI CCW permit... thanks Doug!
Where does it say that, "CCW" or "permit"?
Where does it say the aforementioned "four precepts of safe gun handling" or "four elements of common-law self defense" in either the Wisconsin statutes or Administrative Code?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It doesn't and no mention of this certification either. This is cutting edge legal training! This is preemption in advance of law, de facto certification.
LOL...Well Dougy, this time your standing out in the cold all by yourself....:lol: I think some of us are saying...DUMB IDEA DOUGY !!!!

imported post

I don't write to please or impress G-LOC K34 or his goonion puppeteer.

Many here prate of certification and others pander to them.

Here is free certification meeting all existing Wisconsin state and statutory standards. If you/y'all disagree then make an appropriate and precise legal citation.

Signed:

imported post

qball54208 wrote:
Otherwise someone might just go right out there and land himself/herself in a huge pile of trouble, up to and including a Felony or worse. Thank you!
You are implying that another's fee-paid certification makes the holder felony proof? Now that would be worth the fee, to be made proof of committing a felony.

How about YOU print-up such a get-out-of-jail-free card. I don't believe it can be done.

jwayne972

imported post

That's hilarious, thanks Doug. Now I have a thread to refer to whenever someone wants to be certified.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Not bad. All you have to do is add this stuff and you will have something worth the paper it is printed on there...:cool:

1. Instruction in the fundamentals of pistol use including mechanical knowledge of handguns, and safe practices in shooting, loading, unloading, clearing firearm malfunctions, safe storage and firearm care;

2. Successful completion of an actual shooting qualification exercise and the ability to evaluate shooting proficiency and safe weapon skills of students in a practical firearm shooting exercise;

3. Instruction in the legal aspects of pistol possession, carry, and use, including self-defense and the restrictions on the use of deadly force. This should also include the psychological and physiological effects of a violent threat encounter and simple weapon retention techniques;

qball54208

imported post

Well Doug since I do not have the time to flaunt my vernacular "muscles" ( I am conceding to you readily having a Thesaurus handy to impress, who I do not know)
At any rate, there be no legal basis or rebuttal to your post.
It holds as much truth as X-Ray Glasses from a Cracker Jack box!!! LOL LOL LOL
Have a nice day!

imported post

qball54208 wrote:
Well Doug since I do not have the time to flaunt my vernacular "muscles" ( I am conceding to you readily having a Thesaurus handy to impress, who I do not know)
At any rate, there be no legal basis or rebuttal to your post.
It holds as much truth as X-Ray Glasses from a Cracker Jack box!!! LOL LOL LOL
Have a nice day!
Why, thank you, I will have a nice day.

Cracker Jack X-Ray Glasses may not have served your purposes and so been somehow un-true to you. I am sure that they served the purposes of their developer just fine, same as fee-for-certification serves the purposes of its developers and advocates.

My point is that their purpose is to separate fools from their money!

You're a newbie. I went to HS a long time ago and in a far away place where testing and excellence was essential to teaching, so I took lots of weird tests. One assayed my vocabulary at 300,000, comparable to a dictionary, a battery of others assayed my 'q' (like Chi but for occidentals) at +4 standard deviations.

Signed:

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
Not bad. All you have to do is add this stuff and you will have something worth the paper it is printed on there...:cool:

1. Instruction in the fundamentals of pistol use including mechanical knowledge of handguns, and safe practices in shooting, loading, unloading, clearing firearm malfunctions, safe storage and firearm care;
  2. Successful completion of an actual shooting qualification exercise and the ability to evaluate shooting proficiency and safe weapon skills of students in a practical firearm shooting exercise;
  3. Instruction in the legal aspects of pistol possession, carry, and use, including self-defense and the restrictions on the use of deadly force. This should also include the psychological and physiological effects of a violent threat encounter and simple weapon retention techniques;
Here you go:

imported post

Your wallet card is getting pretty big! So is this manual a get-out-of-jail-free card, that some seem to expect. We are not commissioned officers.
Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$ damn the Obamanation and its thugs.

Signed: