• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Free certification of training.

M

McX

imported post

not to be rude, but i don't need a cc permit, i'll just go with the state constitutional right, open carry, and for when i go out of state, penn. non-res. license to carry firearm.

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Don't those of you that took the DNR sponsored firearm certification classes that those are the things pounded in your head during the classes. After understanding those rules you received a certificate. Your valid hunting certificate already certifies that you understand those rules.

The pertinent state stautes that require the training and certification before you can purchase a hunting license if born after Jan 1, 1973 are 29.59(1)(c) and 29.591(4)(a)(1) and 29.593.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Lammie wrote:
The pertinent state stautes that require the training and certification before you can purchase a hunting license if born after Jan 1, 1973 are 29.59(1)(c) and 29.591(4)(a)(1) and 29.593.

Posted before I saw your edit but kept for clarification...... :)

29.591(1)(c) and 29.591(4)(a)(1) are the statutes which detail what the training shall be and that a certificate be issued. The Requirement that one possess such a certificate before purchasing a hunting license and the grandfathered exemption is 29.593.

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It should also be noted that the fee charged for the certification is authorized under consttutional amendment Article I section 26. Which contains the phrase 'subject to reasonable regulation".

Does there appear to be a conflict between Article I section 25 and Article I Section 26. In my opinion Yes, but I'm sure the courts would rule that there isn't because ss29.593 is a regulation of possessing a hunting license and not a firearm.

opusd2

imported post

I think I'll print this out and carry it to freak out those who aren't smart enough to know I can OC. I've run into quite a few, and so far no LEOs - tho' I'm not worried about it because I can do it legally, and don't drop my son off at daycare while carrying my pig on my hip.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Amazing what a good search engine will turn up - back to the top.

Amazing what a good search engine will turn up

oak1971

I thought about that but it does not meet the still current DOJ requirements for proof of training. The only change made is no minimum hours. The remainder of the requirements are still in place.

Trying to make sense of the nonsensical. Doug may be intelligent, but he is also a wee bit batty.

jpm84092

qball54208 wrote:
One assayed my vocabulary at 300,000, comparable to a dictionary, a battery of others assayed my 'q' (like Chi but for occidentals) at +4 standard deviations.

Master Doug Huffman wrote:

Mr. Huffman, I really want to meet a man whose IQ is at +4 sigma to the US mean. (You would be on a par with Albert Einstein) On the other hand, if your reference was a matter of a CHI SQUARED test relative to the median US IQ, +4 sigma is only impressive if p = < 0.001 - and assuming n = 312,000,000

And to the matter of a dictionary, would that be the Oxford English or some other edition?