Thread: Police: Man pulls gun during knife fight, faces no charges

Herndon, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

No charges have been filed against a man accused of bringing out a gun during a knife fight.[size= Officers arrested Matthew Dressler on Friday at a Wal-Mart in Maryville.
    According to investigators, the 26-year-old picked a fight with another customer inside the store. At some point, Dressler pulled a knife.
    Another customer, Billy Dunkelberger, 21, tried to help. Officers said Dressler then pointed his knife at him, so Dunkelberger pulled a gun.
    No one was hurt, and police arrested Dressler. He's charged with aggravated assault.
    Dunkelberger is not facing any charges because he's a gun permit holder.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    N. Chesterfield, Va.

Post imported post

Previously reported 2/20/2010 - always best to use the search function.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Kent, Washington, USA

Post imported post

Well I would certainly hope that the man wouldn't be charged for drawing on a guy who just pulled a lethal weapon on him.

Suwannee County, FL

Post imported post

"Billy Dunkelberger"

Are you kidding me?

I question the veracity of this based on the name. Nobody with that name would have lived through school, much less to the age of 21.

"The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.