• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry On Tv

maustin195

imported post

Was watching a program about Jesse James treasure last night. The entire crew doing the treasure hunt were open carrying guns during the program. I thought it was good considering nothing was said about it and helped to make Open Carrying a normal thing. Just thought I would share never having seen itportrayed as normal on TV before.

BreakingTheMold

imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
noclue wrote:
I saw the same show and noticed that as well. I believe they worked for USGS.
i saw that show too,, one guy even had a badge of his belt, it was gold!
wonder if he was LEO,, of if it was an opencarry badge? :lol:

The badge makes the OC much less cowboy, so why would us ocers do it?:banghead:

I also saw the program, but i kept thinking. If i found gold i would be soo happy i had my handgun on my side. :cool:

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
imported post

I saw a badge on an OCer last April in Tennessee, the old guy had it on a lanyard around his neck. When we saw it my friend asked if he was a deputy, the guy then told us it was an OC badge:question::banghead:. Funny thing was, he wasn't OCing:what::uhoh:.springerdave.

Denny

imported post

Denny wrote:
I saw this program a few months ago. Just to clarify my previously posted statement, the reason I said they looked like goofs wasn't because they were open carrying. It was because they were all dressed alike in quasi-uniforms and carrying badges. While watching this show my BS detector kept going off and so I did some research on the leader of the group Ronald Pastore and apparently he's a known con man in the treasure hunting world. He doesn't work for the USGS but his company is called NGS for National Geomantic Survey. Apparently, from some of his other published works he believes the native americans were a race of giants from space.:what:

snakeghost

ron pastore badge

ok guys, that show is on right now on the history channel,and I can tell you that his badge is not a law enforcement badge at all, but is a security officers badge that says SECURITY ENFORCEMENT OFFICER. The badge it self is called the eagle shield and you can buy them online or in law enforcement supply stores that also cater to security companies. you can get that badge that says PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR, BAIL ENFORCEMENT AGENT, CONCEALED CARRY LICENSE, and the list goes on. also, if you type in national geomantic survey, it goes directly to ron pastore's security company P.M.P services or PRIVATE MERCHANT POLICE. which installs security cameras and security alarms. this guy seems to be a wannabe federal agent with the military/police style uniforms which you can get online. the other posters are right in saying that he is a con-man.

FreeInAZ

Holy NECROPOST Batman! 4.5 years later...now that's mental focus on a topic, I say!

Just razzing - your post makes sense in the context of the show being on. ;)

WalkingWolf

ok guys, that show is on right now on the history channel,and I can tell you that his badge is not a law enforcement badge at all, but is a security officers badge that says SECURITY ENFORCEMENT OFFICER. The badge it self is called the eagle shield and you can buy them online or in law enforcement supply stores that also cater to security companies. you can get that badge that says PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR, BAIL ENFORCEMENT AGENT, CONCEALED CARRY LICENSE, and the list goes on. also, if you type in national geomantic survey, it goes directly to ron pastore's security company P.M.P services or PRIVATE MERCHANT POLICE. which installs security cameras and security alarms. this guy seems to be a wannabe federal agent with the military/police style uniforms which you can get online. the other posters are right in saying that he is a con-man.

Mine says "Inspector houses of ill repute"