• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hey Yoopers

Yooper

imported post

I noticed that Econo Foods in Houghton has a brand new "No Firearms" sign posted on their door, anyone know if the stores in Iron Mountain or Marquette have the same posting? I'm trying to figure out if this is a store decision, or if it applies to all of the stores operated as Econo/TNC.

Zukirider

imported post

Yooper wrote:
I noticed that Econo Foods in Houghton has a brand new "No Firearms" sign posted on their door, anyone know if the stores in Iron Mountain or Marquette have the same posting? I'm trying to figure out if this is a store decision, or if it applies to all of the stores operated as Econo/TNC.
is there a blue moon to? i cant belive there is a no firearms sign anywhere in the UP:what::what::what::what::what:

Yooper

imported post

Zukirider wrote:
is there a blue moon to? i cant belive there is a no firearms sign anywhere in the UP:what::what::what::what::what:

I know!!!! First Charter Communications, then AT&T, and now Econo Foods!!!! The first 2 are easy to avoid, but our grocery store choices are limited to Wal-Mart (horrible selection) and a local one (extremely high prices).

At this rate, Gander Mtn will be rescinding there pro carry signs soon

Yooper

imported post

chevytaHOE5674 wrote:
My problem with pats is their prices on many items are a lot more than econo. On a few items i noticed double the price for the exact item.

I know!!! For example, Ramen Noodles (yes, I do like them) are $0.29 each at Econo, and are in the 6 for $3.50 range at Fesival/Pat's. The one thing that Festival/Pat's has that's a good price is milk, when on sale (which is quite often), it's cheaper than both Econo and Wally World.

chevytaHOE5674

imported post

sbrill wrote:
Im a student at NMU. I can take a drive by the econo here in MQT and check it out for ya.

That would be good. If its just the Hoton store I will get ahold of the Manager and voice my opinion.

I will do some shopping at Pats, but still will be forced to go to Econo unless I win the lottery.

Yooper

imported post

I posted the question on the WI forums, because there are stores in WI that are owned by the same company that owns the U.P. stores. We'll get it figured out if it's store policy, corporate, or some regional policy

chevytaHOE5674

imported post

I emailed Econo in Houghton and here is the response I got.

"Ryan, I apologize about the sign that you read. We had a conversation about
what happened downtown earlier this month and I did not realize that a sign
had been posted. It has been taking down. Again I apologize for the
confusion on our end.

Dave Tadych
General Manager"

Yooper

imported post

chevytaHOE5674 wrote:
I emailed Econo in Houghton and here is the response I got.

"Ryan, I apologize about the sign that you read. We had a conversation about
what happened downtown earlier this month and I did not realize that a sign
had been posted. It has been taking down. Again I apologize for the
confusion on our end.

Dave Tadych
General Manager"

What happened downtown??

Yooper

imported post

chevytaHOE5674 wrote:
Yooper wrote:
What happened downtown??
No idea what happened downtown? I never heard anything about it...

But I'm glad the sign has supposedly been removed.

I haven't heard anything. I'll swing by on my way home and see if it really is down. If I don't post an update tonight, I will in the morning.

northofnowhere

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Glad the sign is down. The incident downtown he is refering to is a AK open carrier carrying and scaring folks. I know the gentlemen who was doing it, and I do not believe he is a member or contributer here.

Anyone up for a meet n greet up here, haven't had anything recently. Now that the weathers tamed down, perhaps a public picnic would be nice.