• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kinda Confused

PYRO PSR

imported post

hello. im 23 years old.i recently bought a ruger p95 a couple months back and just the other day i bought an xd 9mm...i took them both out the other day to shoot and i just like the feel of the ruger p95 a whole lot better. im looking to sell the xd to a buddy of mine because he is lookin for something to protect his family at home with. im kinda iffy about selling it to him because he is 19 gonna be 20 in a couple months and i dont know if it would be considered a straw purchase because he is under the age of 21.can someone clear this up for me and tell me which steps i need to take to make it legal???

r6-rider

imported post

yes its legal. unless heis prohibited from owning firearms, its fine to sell to him.

this is my pet peeve because i am 19 and find it hard to buy pistols even though it is 100% legal

PYRO PSR

imported post

ok and i know he is legal to own a firearm. hes a close buddy and he has a clean record. so he can then open carry his firearm legally?

*1911_man*

imported post

Yep he sure can, im 19, open carry every day, either my 1911, or my glock 22, never had a problem, in az as long as you are 18, have a clean record, (no felonies, no domestic abuse), then you can buy from a private party, and open carry wherever you are allowed, so basically anywhere where theres not a sign or a place that serves alcohol.