• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dave champion covers Open Carry

NightOwl

imported post

A decent 15 minute piece. At first I thought it was going to slam Saldana all the way through, but then he broadened his horizons and covered it in a favorable light. Was nice to hear. Hope he got through to some folks.

RemohGramps

BrianB

While out at Front Sight in Pahrump, NV a buddy of mine and I met Dave Champion - in a rather unusual way. He seemed like a helluva nice guy. We were open carrying while having dinner at El Jefe's after class one night and he came up to our table, introduced himself and his female companion, and thanked us for open carrying. He lamented that thousands of students come there every year to go to Front Sight yet he never sees any open carry. We chatted awhile. He knew our range master and said "tell Jiang Dave and Jen said hi", and so on. We had no idea who he was until we Googled his name later.

He and Jen were both open carrying by the way. His was a 1911, I didn't get a good look at hers.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I realize that this is an old thread, but, I think that Dave has some good thoughts about OC. I believe that they are worth of repeating.

Please check out this YouTube video. It expresses many of my thoughts about OC. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaM-G5YOAmU#t=33m30s

Said succinctly - covers all of the main points.

If this is not perfection in describing the why of open carry, it is most nearly so.

Thank you for the link - had not heard him before. Intend to repost it.