Thread: MI CPLicensing praised

Post imported post

http://heraldpalladium.com/articles/...ws/1292172.txt

Better then i thought it would be at first. Though i don't think there should be any licensing.

Post imported post

BreakingTheMold wrote:
    http://heraldpalladium.com/articles/...ws/1292172.txt

Better then i thought it would be at first. Though i don't think there should be any licensing.
    I agree Alaska and Vermont have it right!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

Yeah, it's going to be an uphill battle

Post imported post

with a headwind :X
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

In the rain, carrying a 90lb ruck.

Post imported post

And lugging a M2 and tripod.....

Post imported post

Good work DanM, they used your post on the papers site, maybe that will drum up 1 or two people, maybe more! (yours must have been worded better then mine )

" "Want to carry a pistol in Michigan?
    Prepare to pay a fee and . . ."

Carrying concealed, and the costs, licensing, and wait time associated, aren't the only option in Michigan for carrying a pistol. You may also carry openly, no permit required. The only requirement is the handgun must be legally registered to you. There are restricted areas you must be aware of.

Learn more at

www.opencarry.org

http://www.opencarry.org "

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    I agree Alaska and Vermont have it right!
    I agree, it is nice, but I personally would take unrestricted OC other than while intoxicated over CC in most places without a permit.

The biggest problem I have with both places is college carry. Neither Vermont nor Alaska are particularly college carry friendly, although at least Alaska doesn't have it outlawed like Vermont does, you just apparently risk expulsion for carrying there.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

I've had a Michigan issued CCW for many years. Maybe 20 or more at this point. And yes, I still call it a CCW. I must be getting old or something... At any rate, it was almost impossible to get a CCW here in Michigan several years ago. One of the reasons I moved from Wayne to Oakland county was the to make it easier to a license.

Speaking of which, it's time to renew too...

Jon.

Post imported post

Jon Foster wrote:
    I've had a Michigan issued CCW for many years. Maybe 20 or more at this point. And yes, I still call it a CCW.
    CCW is an acronym, commonly used byLEOs and prosecutors,also meaningthe felony crime of unlicensed concealed carry of a weapon. One of the reasons for being precise and getting into the habit of calling it a CPL, and not a "CCW", is to avoid any potential for actual or claimed probable cause for a detention, arrest, or search. Here's how it could happen:

I'm OC'ing and approached by an officer who asks if I have a "CCW", or he asks if I have a "permit" and I respond "I have a CCW."If theofficer interprets, or claims later to have interpreted, "CCW" as meaning the aforementioned crime, then (in the officer's mind) you've created probable cause to believe you are a felon in possession of a firearm, by your own statement. You have then opened up the possibility of legitimately being detained, arrested, and searched.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

DanM wrote:
    Jon Foster wrote:
    I've had a Michigan issued CCW for many years. Maybe 20 or more at this point. And yes, I still call it a CCW.
    CCW is an acronym, commonly used byLEOs and prosecutors,also meaningthe felony crime of unlicensed concealed carry of a weapon. One of the reasons for being precise and getting into the habit of calling it a CPL, and not a "CCW", is to avoid any potential for actual or claimed probable cause for a detention, arrest, or search. Here's how it could happen:

I'm OC'ing and approached by an officer who asks if I have a "CCW", or he asks if I have a "permit" and I respond "I have a CCW."If theofficer interprets, or claims later to have interpreted, "CCW" as meaning the aforementioned crime, then (in the officer's mind) you've created probable cause to believe you are a felon in possession of a firearm, by your own statement. You have then opened up the possibility of legitimately being detained, arrested, and searched.
    Yes this!

Post imported post

When speculation does not match reality, go with reality
    Fantastically worded...

Post imported post

How do we address this reality:

Requiring a license for a legal right is unlawful.