• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

bersa thunder

crisisweasel

imported post

Bookman wrote:
marrero jeff wrote:
If you're gonna get a .380, you might as well spring for the sig, walther, or ruger. all are far superior to the bersa which i have had particularly bad experiences with.

This is one of the very few "reviews" I've read concerning the Bersa Thunder. Before i bought mine I did a LOT of research. I ran into MAYBE two or three truly negative comments. All of the rest were very positive. I even read one comment where the poster said he'd owned a Walther PPK, which the Bersa is modeled after, and preferred the Bersa as it was more accurate AND more reliable.
I have no experience with Bersas personally but I have been amused by commentary about Bersa firearms in general. Generally they involve surprise and sometimes shock at how reliable and nice such affordable guns are. I have no dog in this race, except to say I almost never encounter anyone saying anything bad about Bersas. It may just be that they know what they're doing down there.

I'll say this: they don't look like cheap guns. From all reports I've encountered, they don't jam like cheap guns, either.

Crap, maybe I'll have to pick one up now. Just what my wallet needs. :cuss:

As for negative reviews, I have yet to find a gun which worked well for everyone. A guy I'm subscribed to on YouTube has a Glock that jams every few rounds. And everyone knows Glocks aren't supposed to jam -- they're supposed to EXPLODE(*). I think it is very classless and ungraceful for a Glock to jam, but there you have it. I've seen the videos.

(*) My primary carry pistol is a Glock 26, so don't get your panties in a wad, Glock fans :celebrate

marrero jeff

imported post

I'm simply speaking from personal experience having shot 2 bersas and having both malfunction at least once every 10 rounds. If you've had a good experience with one, then stick with it, but as for me, im sticking with the sig or the walther