• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

is this considerd open carry

MamaLiberty

imported post

That would depend on which state you are in. Please always consult the actual law in your location and do not completely depend on advice from a forum, however well meaning. :)

brokenbarrel

imported post

MamaLiberty wrote:
That would depend on which state you are in. Please always consult the actual law in your location and do not completely depend on advice from a forum, however well meaning. :)
+1 some places say partial some say full..but please check the laws............

MamaLiberty

imported post

Actually, I'd be a lot more concerned about how safe and effective you'd be with that set up. Is that holster clipped onto anything more substantial than the jacket? Not too much fun to draw and discover the holster came with the gun! :shock:

jake d in lv

Banned
imported post

ok thanks for the help i actually talked to las vegas pd and they said it was perfectley legal so here i go with open carry

SlackwareRobert

imported post

LVPD would never say it is legal unless it is concealed. But you are only the
second person I have known who bought one of those Apple digital cameras
from the 90's. Boy they are so bad even Steve Jobs refuses to admit they exist.
I had to stare at the pic for 3 minutes to figure out what it was even.
Even then I had to read the messages then go back to see it.. So for that
I vote it is concealed.

I don't think the gun is big enough to be useful at NLVHS though. :lol:

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Ask yourself what's the purpose of the gun you carry.

Then... how accessable is it? You seem to be taking some sort of half measures... Lack of confidence? Self consciousness? What will 'people' say?

Sidearms are neither toys nor fashion statements. They're weapons of deadly force. If you are not psychologically prepared to use deadly force... as in 'killing', then leave the guns at home. That POS junk holster looks like an afterthought. Would you bet your life on it? Remember... the primary concern is 'you'... not what people might say. If you have to ask 'is this open carry'... then in you mind it isn't; regardless of legalities.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Ohhhhhhhhhh It's sensitive too. :uhoh:

There's people who've been carryin' guns a LONG time on this forum... and know your state law better than you do. Aside from the law... there's purpose and ergonomics as well as safety issues. Now... you can cop an attituded with that little gun, but 2nd place in defensive shooting is dead. If you're gonna carry... 'better put a bit more thought into how. What I see is more of a liability than an asset.

MamaLiberty

imported post

Well folks, do we want to welcome this guy and help him learn, or puff ourselves up and drive him away?

Thick skins are made, not born - especially on a gun forum. :) Give the guy a break.

MamaLiberty

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Another drive by...
I gather he's quite early in the skin growing department. Then again, he may just be one of those very nasty people who never intend to grow any. Too bad...

But it is always good to err on the side of giving someone the benefit of the doubt.

Like this guy, let THEM remove the doubt that they are idiots. Why ask a question if you don't want any answers. :(

Sonora Rebel

imported post

People with that short of a fuze shouldn't carry guns... or drive cars... or operate chain saws... For their own safety.

MamaLiberty

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
People with that short of a fuze shouldn't carry guns... or drive cars... or operate chain saws... For their own safety.
Shouldn't, possibly. But if anyone tries to pass "laws" against it, I suspect most of us would be disqualified one time or another. Best to let Darwin take care of it... ;)

In Las Vegas, it probably won't take too long...

jake d in lv

Banned
imported post

i dont have a short fuse can you not understand what was gooing on if you cant then your the idiot

Sonora Rebel

imported post

MamaLiberty wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
Shouldn't, possibly. But if anyone tries to pass "laws" against it, I suspect most of us would be disqualified one time or another. Best to let Darwin take care of it... ;)

In Las Vegas, it probably won't take too long...
No... it shouldn't take long at all. Doubtful any anger management classes would help either. I suspect an impending train wreck.

Springfield45

imported post

jake d in lv wrote:
you no i came in here with a good attitude. 2 stupid ass people later and now i have anger issues? wtf is going on here you all can kiss my f u c k i n g a s s and it is not that i have a anger issue it is that i have a issue with people opening ther f u c k i n g mouth when they shouldn't i am gonna open carry all i want and you old f u c k s can just suck it
You, my friend should not be carrying a gun at all.

~~Springfield