• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Was Sunday an Open Carry Day?

jahwarrior

imported post

seriously, was it? i ran into at least 5 guys who were carrying, and 4 of them doing so openly, all around town from Eynon, to Taylor, to Scranton. and not a single one of them is a member here, at that. i had my daughter today, and we went all over. ironically, i was concealed all day. i always do when i have my daughter. well, when i remember to. i do try, only because she's scared of the police, deeply. that OCB thing was a bigger deal to her than any of the grownups, i think.

still, i can't remember i ran into someone OCing around here, and i've never ran into that many people who were in a single day, other than our meetups. so what's up? did y'all plan something, and neglect to tell me? you bastards.

guy #1 - a vendor at a flea market, carrying an R&G revolver. never heard of R&G; it looked like a snub snosed K-frame made of iron.

guy #2 - a senior gentleman, carrying a Ruger Redhawk in leather holster, with an exotic hide trim.

guy #3. as i was driving, a guy walking by carrying a Glock in a SERPA.

guy #4 - a younger guy, with his 2 or 3 year old son, in McDade Park. you know, the one that has signs that violate preemption? i noticed him when some woman behind me hissed, "look at that. what an asshole, bringing a gun into a park." i thought she was talking about me, but i was concealed, so i asked her, "who?"

"him, in the black shirt and jean shorts."

there he was, playing with his son. i turned to her and said, "that makes two of us," and i strolled over to him. i struck up a conversation with him, until his son kept yelling "fish! FISH!" he excused himself, and got his son, and said he was going over to the pond; would i care to join them?

"looks like my girl's made a friend or two, so i guess i'll stay," i said, pointing to my daughter. i gave him the webdress here, so hopefully, Jeff, i'll see you here.

oh, and he had an XDm in .40S&W, in some kind of kydex holster.