Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: With health care out of the way, time to define 'reasonable gun control' looms

Post imported post

With health care out of the way, time todefine 'reasonable gun control' is looming

The debate starts now. Workman's column lists ideas, options and asks for comments!

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m3d22-Health-care-out-of-way-now-lets-see-what-is-reasonable-gun-control-Start-the-debate-here

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/yd2lgbb

Post imported post

Dugg.

Banned

Post imported post

No thank you.

Post imported post

I shall abide by no more newrules.

Post imported post

The only 'rule' I would every agree to is to prohibit the ownership or carrying of weapons by anybody convicted of committing a violent crime. The rest of the citizens who have done the time for their crime should be allow to posses weapons.

I firmly believe that the citizens of America should be able to own any weapon that the police and military has in their arsenal ( to exclude WMD and NBC weapons). If we allow the police and the military to have weapons that outclass the citizens than it will allow the government to control the citizens.

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

One_Shot wrote:
    The only 'rule' I would every agree to is to prohibit the ownership or carrying of weapons by anybody convicted of committing a violent crime. The rest of the citizens who have done the time for their crime should be allow to posses weapons.
    "Convicted" and "done" seem the same tense, is there a way in your rule to become un-convicted?

If a felon may properly be disbarred his rights under color of law then we can all be legally disarmed merely by sufficiently lowering the bar of 'felony' as has been done in the case of "criminal domestic violence" et cetera.

Post imported post

Good point! While I am not a lawyer, hence I tend to think in straight lines and straight talk, I do not have an answer for you. I just don't think it is right for people who have not committed a violent crime to be barred from a basi right to carry.

Post imported post

The only "reasonable" gun control is a firm grip and accurate aim.

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

One_Shot wrote:
    Good point! While I am not a lawyer, hence I tend to think in straight lines and straight talk, I do not have an answer for you. I just don't think it is right for people who have not committed a violent crime to be barred from a basi right to carry.
    What about violence? Do we even know what is violent - anymore?

Noun Singular
    violence (uncountable)
    1. Extreme force. The violence of the storm, fortunately, was more awesome than destructive.
    2. Action intended to cause destruction, pain, or suffering. We try to avoid violence in resolving conflicts.
    3. Widespread fighting. Violence between the government and the rebels continues.
    4. (figuratively) Injustice, wrong. The translation does violence to the original novel.

Post imported post

Like I said before, I am not a lawyer that wraps plain words so that nobody is sure what is meant when one speaks anymore. Nobody takes responsibility for their words, much less their actions in the world of today.

Anybody that needs a fine line definition of 'violence' is also the kind of person that contributes to the mess our country is in now.

Post imported post

Like I said before, I am not a lawyer that wraps plain words so that nobody is sure what is meant when one speaks anymore. Nobody takes responsibility for their words, much less their actions in the world of today.

Anybody that needs a fine line definition of 'violence' is also the kind of person that contributes to the mess our country is in now.

Post imported post

Nothing is going to happen on the gun control issue, ever. Stop worrying, right now everything is going our way.

Let's focus on educating people what is going to happen, how they can get access to firearms and making them on our side.

Post imported post

Obama will go after guns before the end of his term.

Obama's list of things to do...

1. Health Care ....DONE
    2. Pull Troops out of IRAQ & A-Stan
    3. Assault Weapons Ban
    4. Get voted out of office
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

Both Obama and Hillary have made it very clear that they support CIFTA. It has also been made clear by the democrats in the senate that they didn't dare ratify CIFTA because they would lose too many seats if they did.

After the health care vote, they have nothing left to lose, so I will be very surprised if they don't bring CIFTA up for a vote before the end of the year. I really expect it to be in December since by then they will know they have lost their stranglehold.

Post imported post

rpyne wrote:
    Both Obama and Hillary have made it very clear that they support CIFTA. It has also been made clear by the democrats in the senate that they didn't dare ratify CIFTA because they would lose too many seats if they did.

After the health care vote, they have nothing left to lose, so I will be very surprised if they don't bring CIFTA up for a vote before the end of the year. I really expect it to be in December since by then they will know they have lost their stranglehold.
    Well, my timing was off, in a statement today:

"Clinton promised to step up U.S. efforts to prevent guns from flowing southwards -- a major source of arms for traffickers ... "

http://mobile.reuters.com/mobile/m/F...23?src=RSS-WOR

Post imported post

I think that reasonable gun control would be a good thing. Too many people are getting killed by guns because of the relaxed gun laws in our country. I'm from New York City, and around here the only people that have guns are the police.

Banned

Post imported post

NEWSFLASH! All the criminals in New York City no longer have guns!

I shall turn in my gun and move to NYC. Since only the police have guns, it must now be the safest place in the world to live.

Moving on.

Post imported post

I'm moving back!! WOoohoo!!

Post imported post

A_Berkowitz wrote:
    I think that reasonable gun control would be a good thing. Too many people are getting killed by guns because of the relaxed gun laws in our country. I'm from New York City, and around here the only people that have guns are the police
    If Your for Gun Control , then why are you on this board ? There is no such thing as REASONABLE gun control.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

Glock34 wrote:
    A_Berkowitz wrote:
    I think that reasonable gun control would be a good thing. Too many people are getting killed by guns because of the relaxed gun laws in our country. I'm from New York City, and around here the only people that have guns are the police
    If Your for Gun Control , then why are you on this board ? There is no such thing as REASONABLE gun control, Moron.
    Someone is missing the irony.

Post imported post

JamesIan wrote:
    Glock34 wrote:
    A_Berkowitz wrote:
    If Your for Gun Control , then why are you on this board ? There is no such thing as REASONABLE gun control, Moron.
    Someone is missing the irony.
    no I got it --> Cops being the only ones with guns, the poster was being sarcastic, Yeah...I got it... Regardless, any talk about gun control is a swear word around here.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar

Post imported post

A_Berkowitz wrote:
    I think that reasonable gun control would be a good thing. Too many people are getting killed by guns because of the relaxed gun laws in our country. I'm from New York City, and around here the only people that have guns are the police.
    The police are not for your personal protection. That is your responsibility. The police are there to keep general order. They carry firearms to protect themselves from violent criminals and not to protect you.

Post imported post

A_Berkowitz wrote:
    Again with the insults ... "troll"?! I am a liberal and I am proud, regardless of your insults! I think that Obama will not only get us out of debt, but he will also enact logical gun control laws like waiting periods, in-depth background checks, and possibly lie-detector tests.
    Waiting periods? There already are waiting periods. In-depth background checks? Yup got those too. Lie detector tests? What good are those when they're not submissable in court and they can be beaten relatively easily.

Post imported post

A_Berkowitz wrote:
    ...logical gun control laws like waiting periods, in-depth background checks, and possibly lie-detector tests.
    What's logical about any of these things?

Being proud isn't the same thing as being right.

Banned

Post imported post

Lie detector tests??? This guy wouldn't know a right if it slapped him upside the head. I have taken one such test (as a requirement of employment). I am living proof that they are unreliable.

They measure changes in stress. The assumption is that these changes are the result of deception--which is a faulty assumption. Lies do cause increases in stress most of the time, however not all of the time. Worse, other things cause increases in stress.

There is a reason that the law protects our rights by not allowing lie detector tests in courts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast