• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brillon/Clintonville/Sturgeon Bay residents

Yooper

imported post

Our Econo foods posted a "No Firearms" sign this past week. Since the ones in Brillon, Clintonville, and Sturgeon Bay are owned by the same company as the one up here, I was wondering if anyone noticed a sign on their doors.

I don't know if this is a company wide thing, or is it just this local store.

Yooper

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
If no one posts earlier, I'll report my observation of the Sturgeon Bay site Thursday or Friday.  I'm going to a WTA meeting on Structure Control Ordinances at the KofC Hall on Thursday.

Thanks Doug, I'm trying to find out if it's a store policy, a regional policy, or a corporate policy. I don't want to waste my time rattling the cages at the store if it was forced upon them by higher ups.

Yooper

imported post

After an email, it appears that it was a local decision, due to some "event" happening in town that nobody I talked to knows anything about. Supposedly the sign is down now, but I'll confirm tonight.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
I'm not going to rattle cages but only to observe and report.
I carefully read both the inner and outer entrance doors and the ten feet of bulletin board between at the Sturgeon Bay store and saw no mention of guns or firearms.

I went in to buy a bottle of Dr. Bombay to entertain myself with, until and after this meeting this evening on Structure Control Ordinances.