Thread: ATTY REQUEST: 'Stand down on Vancouver demo'

Post imported post

I just got off the telephone with the Vancouver man's attorney. He appreciates all of your support,

HOWEVER...

He asks that you PLEASE do not travel to Vancouver for any kind of a demonstration, picnic, gathering at Albertson's (they're not the culprit here!!!) as it will not help his client's case, in the event this case goes anywhere.

He's the attorney, and I think O.C. activists ought to honor his request on behalf of his client.

Post imported post

If his attorney requests it, so be it. Thank God this gent has the assets to hire an attorney tofight this.

When he wins, we should go down and have a victory celebration. We can invite the attorney.

Post imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
    If his attorney requests it, so be it. Thank God this gent has the assets to hire an attorney tofight this.

When he wins, we should go down and have a victory celebration. We can invite the attorney.
    and the COP. We can have a bar B que but the cop can eat crow

Post imported post

And the prosecutor can eat... Oh, let's just say crow for now.

State of Disbelief in King County, Washington, USA

Post imported post

Dave,

Please post this to M1gunr's thread too if you haven't.

And M!gunr, please post this at the top of your Vancover gathering thread please.

Thanks

Post imported post

I will abide but do not agree.....

Albertsons was not part of the issue, The City of Vancouver is the issue and the event was going to be held in a CITY park.

No one was marching on city hall and I don't see how a few of us going down for a picnic in a city park would be affecting his case.

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:

Albertsons was not part of the issue, The City of Vancouver is the issue and the event was going to be held in a CITY park.

No one was marching on city hall and I don't see how a few of us going down for a picnic in a city park would be affecting his case.
    It'll be portrayed that way and the prosecutor will take it that way. All the prosecutor has to do is read the other thread on this.

Just wait. There may be something else brewing.

Remember Seattle, when a handful of people on this forum wanted to stage a demonstration anda few of usencouraged them to cool it?

SAF and NRA, CCRKBA and WAC and five citizens filed a lawsuit and won.

Let's see how this turns out before turning up the heat. There's plenty of time for that later, and it may just be that a "little" patience and education will go a lot farther than a public display of "we double-dog-dare-ya."

Sometimes it is very hard to not raise your hand in anger.

Post imported post

standing by....

Post imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
    M1Gunr wrote:

It'll be portrayed that way and the prosecutor will take it that way. All the prosecutor has to do is read the other thread on this.

Just wait. There may be something else brewing.

Remember Seattle, when a handful of people on this forum wanted to stage a demonstration anda few of usencouraged them to cool it?

SAF and NRA, CCRKBA and WAC and five citizens filed a lawsuit and won.

Let's see how this turns out before turning up the heat. There's plenty of time for that later, and it may just be that a "little" patience and education will go a lot farther than a public display of "we double-dog-dare-ya."

Sometimes it is very hard to not raise your hand in anger.

So the lawsuit would have failed if they had staged a protest?

So the lawsuit was won because there was no protest?
    "I'm just a no-account screed-peddler" Dave Workman http://goo.gl/CNf6pB

"We ought to extend the [1994] assault weapons ban" George W Bush

"The Bush Administration declared a permanent ban today on almost all foreign-made semiautomatic assault rifles." George Bush Sr, New York Times on July 8, 1989

"I support the Brady bill and I urge the Congress to enact it without delay." Ronald Regan.

"Guns are an abomination." Richard Nixon

Post imported post

I personally fail to see how a picnic would either help or hurt this man's cause. If the facts are as we believe them to be, this man is legally and factually innocent, and nothing anyone does is going to change that.

Post imported post

That's true, but getting the citation dismissed without the expense of a hearing and a trial will be far less expensive for the gent.

Post imported post

Of course, if there is going to be a rights violation civil suit we will have to wait that out too.
    you don't "have to" wait for anything or anybody. A person made a request. Honor it or don't honor it. Your call.