• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ATTY REQUEST: 'Stand down on Vancouver demo'

Dave Workman

imported post

I just got off the telephone with the Vancouver man's attorney. He appreciates all of your support,

HOWEVER...

He asks that you PLEASE do not travel to Vancouver for any kind of a demonstration, picnic, gathering at Albertson's (they're not the culprit here!!!) as it will not help his client's case, in the event this case goes anywhere.

He's the attorney, and I think O.C. activists ought to honor his request on behalf of his client.

Ajetpilot

imported post

If his attorney requests it, so be it. Thank God this gent has the assets to hire an attorney tofight this.

When he wins, we should go down and have a victory celebration. We can invite the attorney. :)

Trigger Dr

imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
If his attorney requests it, so be it. Thank God this gent has the assets to hire an attorney tofight this.

When he wins, we should go down and have a victory celebration. We can invite the attorney. :)
and the COP. We can have a bar B que but the cop can eat crow

triehl27

imported post

Dave,

Please post this to M1gunr's thread too if you haven't.

And M!gunr, please post this at the top of your Vancover gathering thread please.

Thanks

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

I will abide but do not agree.....

Albertsons was not part of the issue, The City of Vancouver is the issue and the event was going to be held in a CITY park.

No one was marching on city hall and I don't see how a few of us going down for a picnic in a city park would be affecting his case.

Dave Workman

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:

Albertsons was not part of the issue, The City of Vancouver is the issue and the event was going to be held in a CITY park.

No one was marching on city hall and I don't see how a few of us going down for a picnic in a city park would be affecting his case.

It'll be portrayed that way and the prosecutor will take it that way. All the prosecutor has to do is read the other thread on this.

Just wait. There may be something else brewing. ;)

Remember Seattle, when a handful of people on this forum wanted to stage a demonstration anda few of usencouraged them to cool it?

SAF and NRA, CCRKBA and WAC and five citizens filed a lawsuit and won.

Let's see how this turns out before turning up the heat. There's plenty of time for that later, and it may just be that a "little" patience and education will go a lot farther than a public display of "we double-dog-dare-ya."

Sometimes it is very hard to not raise your hand in anger.

Dave_pro2a

imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
M1Gunr wrote:

It'll be portrayed that way and the prosecutor will take it that way. All the prosecutor has to do is read the other thread on this.

Just wait. There may be something else brewing. ;)

Remember Seattle, when a handful of people on this forum wanted to stage a demonstration anda few of usencouraged them to cool it?

SAF and NRA, CCRKBA and WAC and five citizens filed a lawsuit and won.

Let's see how this turns out before turning up the heat. There's plenty of time for that later, and it may just be that a "little" patience and education will go a lot farther than a public display of "we double-dog-dare-ya."

Sometimes it is very hard to not raise your hand in anger.

So the lawsuit would have failed if they had staged a protest?

So the lawsuit was won because there was no protest?

olypendrew

imported post

I personally fail to see how a picnic would either help or hurt this man's cause. If the facts are as we believe them to be, this man is legally and factually innocent, and nothing anyone does is going to change that.

erps

imported post

Of course, if there is going to be a rights violation civil suit we will have to wait that out too.
you don't "have to" wait for anything or anybody. A person made a request. Honor it or don't honor it. Your call.