• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

newbee but been looking around

calixt0

imported post

hello, I've been lurking and looking around.. found some interesting stuff. I have not yet decided to open carry. I've seen quite a few posts along the lines of OC stops assault or OC stops burglary etc etc. I was just curious. What if any action can be taken to stop such illegal actions. Can you order them to stop. If you have your hand on your weapon ready to draw and load is that ok? I know if you pull the weapon it would be considered at least by some to be brandishing.

I know here ( I live in Vallejo, CA a town of over 100,000 with less than 6 officers thanks to our bankruptcy that you may have heard about) that if you order you are likely to be fired upon as many of the thugs here carry illegally as there is little chance they will be caught unless they attack an officer directly.

I know you are not going to be giving legal advice but I appreciate any and all advice.

on a seperate note entirely I would like to know if any meetings will be had in or around the Vallejo area.

MamaLiberty

imported post

You've got several strikes against you for OC. Being in California is the biggest one.

If you come up against gang bangers and have to LOAD your gun after drawing it, you will probably not survive the experience.

If you are serious about carrying or defending your life, you might think about getting out of California first. Then take some real self defense/firearms training and work into carrying.

Snakemathis

imported post

MamaLiberty wrote:
You've got several strikes against you for OC. Being in California is the biggest one.

If you come up against gang bangers and have to LOAD your gun after drawing it, you will probably not survive the experience.

If you are serious about carrying or defending your life, you might think about getting out of California first. Then take some real self defense/firearms training and work into carrying.
+1, Couldn't have said it better myself.

jihadthis

imported post

MamaLiberty wrote:

+1 You nailed it...........