• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Springfield XD 40 Holster

XDSTEEL

imported post

is there holseter with more retention than the one in the set that the gun comes in?

jeeper1

imported post

The Blackhawk Serpa for one and there are many others.

4angrybadgers

imported post

Someone said photos? :D

XD40SC in a Blackhawk Serpa. The paddle is basically impossible to yank off my belt, and even when I try to remove it "correctly" it takes a minute to get it off.

100_6103.jpg

t33j

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
What is that white mark on the side of the rear sight? And why arent you cocked locked and ready to rock?
My guess would be triji's manufacturer markings.
How can you tell he's not?

4angrybadgers

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
What is that white mark on the side of the rear sight? And why arent you cocked locked and ready to rock?
The white marks are dots surrounding the factory-mounted Trijicon night sights.

At the time of the photograph I had just opened the holster and was testing its functionality, hence why my XD was unloaded and uncocked.

edit: Sorry, I just realize you meant the white on the side of the rear sight. It's a manufacturer marking - says "Trijicon", and beneath that is "H3" (tritium symbol) and "08" (presumably the year of manufacture).

Brimstone

imported post

I use the Blackhawk Serpa for my XD45c and when I have to conceal I go with a Crossbreed Supertuck. The Serpa is just an excellent choice.

DonnyPauling

imported post

t33j wrote:
stainless1911 wrote:

How can you tell he's not?

'Cause on the XD40 --- see that little circle on the back of the gun? A pin would be sticking out of it if he was ready to rumble. :)

stainless1911 wrote:
When an XD is useable, the firing pin is visible on the back of the weapon. Also the loaded chamber indicator pops up, but thats not visible here.

Better worded. More info. :)