Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: doonesbury cartoon OC and Starbucks

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Insulting.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Naturally...

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

I wasn't surprised.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Par for the course!

Post imported post

Yeah, I've always thought of Doonesbury as being created by and drawn by a "burn-out" kinda fella. This cartoon basicallybacks that up I'd say.

Post imported post

BlueStarDad wrote:
    Yeah, I've always thought of Doonesbury as being created by and drawn by a "burn-out" kinda fella. This cartoon basicallybacks that up I'd say.

Post imported post

Um, OC made Doonesbury.

:celebrate
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Post imported post

This kind of tripe is why I do not read the state journal or any paper for that matter
    they wine and cry when I exercise my 2nd amendment rights but don't you dare touch their 1st amendment rights. OINK rights for us but not for you OINK.

Post imported post

Admittedly, though, this could have been far more insulting than it is.

Actually, the last panel is sort of comical.

Plus, like wrightme mentioned... OC made Doonesbury. This is a sign of momentum right?

Post imported post

Forget it, let them lampoon and caricature us OC’ers for now; the larger battle that is being won (which was also evinced in the comic) is that regular citizens OC’ing in everyday establishments like Starbucks is commonplace and is to be met with a rather blasé reaction. I see this comic as an auspicious augur of the tide turning in our favor.

:celebrate
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth." - President George Washington

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself." - Thomas Paine

Post imported post

just curious if this is a comic strip from like one of those ancient things they used to call newspapers? if so I wasn't aware people still read them, or mainstream propaganda machines at all for that matter? I'll cross my fingers and wait for the former to go bankrupt faster

Post imported post

OH, but it didn't stop there.....

No one has ever walked away from a gunfight complaining that he brought too much ammo.

Post imported post

hopnpop wrote:
    OH, but it didn't stop there.....

I wouldn't worry too much. It's written by, and about, people who have no idea what the true meaning and application of freedom is. Maybe someday they'll have reason to rethink the idea.
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Post imported post

Saloons served coffee sometimes

Post imported post

We can carry in a saloon?

Post imported post

wolverine1856 wrote:
    Only with a CPL and only openly. No concealing (period) if the establishment sells alcohol for consumption on its premises. Only way to carry in "saloon" or bar is with CPL, openly.

Also, I've been wondering from the get-go, why Starbucks was singled out for complying with state statutes, when that's the case for maybe 90% of businesses? Beaner's...oops, I mean Biggby allows carry, Barnes & Noble allows carry.... what did they do, just pick a random business and decide to make it a center for gun debate? I feel bad for Starbucks for coming under fire for doing what almost all businesses do regarding gun laws/carry.
    No one has ever walked away from a gunfight complaining that he brought too much ammo.

Post imported post

...probably because they're the only ones who issued a press release regarding the matter. And because a specific incident [don't have the info on hand] at Starbucks was the focus of some debate.

...as a side note, my sister works there so I OCed there anyway. Not like she's gonna kick me out or anything.

Post imported post

hopnpop wrote:
    wolverine1856 wrote:
    Only with a CPL and only openly. No concealing (period) if the establishment sells alcohol for consumption on its premises. Only way to carry in "saloon" or bar is with CPL, openly.

Also, I've been wondering from the get-go, why Starbucks was singled out for complying with state statutes, when that's the case for maybe 90% of businesses? Beaner's...oops, I mean Biggby allows carry, Barnes & Noble allows carry.... what did they do, just pick a random business and decide to make it a center for gun debate? I feel bad for Starbucks for coming under fire for doing what almost all businesses do regarding gun laws/carry.
    It was a statement in jest because these jokers really like to propagate the stereotype they have built up in their head. I was poking fun because they would have no idea about the OC with a CPL rules.

On the bold part that is not entirely true. You can CC in an establishment that serves as long asthe majorityof sales do not come from alcohol (ie fridays, applebees, etc.).

Post imported post

Just a note you can OC in a bar with permission from the owner or his agent... I would recommend it be in writing!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

wolverine1856 wrote:
    wolverine1856 wrote:
    It was a statement in jest because these jokers really like to propagate the stereotype they have built up in their head. I was poking fun because they would have no idea about the OC with a CPL rules.
    Sorry, didn't catch to jest, I'm with ya now. I am truly sick of seeing junk like these comics, painting anyone who carries as some backwoods hickerbilly whatever. Talk about inaccurate stereotypes. Oh well, anything that makes them feel better about themselves.

Post imported post

hopnpop wrote:
    the reason that star bucks is in the lime light stem from our OC brothern in Calif.
    they had some get togethers at Peets coffee and tea, the bradys raised heII and Peets got scared, so they made a new corp. policy to ban fire arms, in accordance with the bradys wishes.
    the same thing happened at Calif. pizza kitchens! and then the Long horn grill!

then the OCers needed a new place for get togethers, and star bucks started getting the new heat from the bradys!
    seattle has star bucks corp. headquarters, so the bradys try to pressure them alot up here in washington, the bradys have had protests where only 2 or 3 folks actually show up.
    we OC at star bucks all the time, but never in large numbers, and we dont ever counter protest the bradys, so that the only trouble makers at the star bucks are the bradys,
    that makes us OCers the good guys, seems that its the best we can do to take the heat off star bucks.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Post imported post

Starbucks, by the very nature of it's products, attracted a mainly leftist clientele and that clientele, in it's typical elitist attitude, thought that Starbucks was "their" own meeting place... a place where only intellectuals went to meet other intellectuals and a place where intellectuals could gather without having to share space with the stupid knuckle dragging troglodyte unwashed masses.

Then those unwashed troglodytes invaded "their" special space and can you imagine? Oh! The insult! To have to sit in the same space as unenlightened knuckle dragging uncouth ordinary folks wearing guns! Gasp! Look Ethel! Our special coffee house has been invaded by "Those people!".

And when Starbucks exercised it's property right to NOT BAN and didn't throw out those people the insult to the fragile elitist ego was too much to bear and, in order to assuage their hurt "feelings", the elitist leftys simply MUST force Starbucks to do what they are told! How dare anyone not understand that the elites are the only ones with "rights" and only elites have the "right" to direct the lives of those people!

Actually, I have compassion for elitist leftys... poor little things just don't understand they are suffering from delusions of grandeur. Maybe with the new health care bill they will have access to the psychiatric help they need?

Now that would be ironic... the health care bill created and supported by those suffering from delusions of grandeur provides the resources that cures those delusions.........................
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Post imported post

Bikenut - I think that's the most enjoyable post I've read in a long time. Beautifully written with the perfect blend of sarcasm and wit...and truth. Very, very well stated, compadre.

Post imported post

hopnpop wrote:
    Bikenut - I think that's the most enjoyable post I've read in a long time. Beautifully written with the perfect blend of sarcasm and wit...and truth. Very, very well stated, compadre.
    I agree... I laughed out loud... at work... at a library...

Post imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:
    hopnpop wrote:
    I agree... I laughed out loud... at work... at a library...
    I call them Yuppies....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast